Waves SG install win11 blue screen

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Waves SG install win11 blue screen

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of alfaomega alfaomega 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alfaomega
    alfaomega
    Participant

Dear all,
    I have tried to install A@H waves card driver for dLive on a new pc with Win11 operation system.
    1st of all it is a driver from 2017 not updated since, which contains an old Waves Central and SoundGrid application that is installed at the same time. At least it is the driver i have found after long research.

By restarting my computer I got a win11 blue screen.
    After some tests i have identified the problem on the start of the SG application.
    Can somebody gives advise how to get the waves card works on win11?

For info, I have an old Win8 pc with the waves driver and SG installed, which works fin.
    Thx for your help.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Do you have a link or version for the driver you have installed? You might be trying to install a legacy version. The current version should be available for installation and activation through the latest Waves Central.

alfaomega
    Participant

The version I have installed in in the following link.
    V9r10 released October 1st, 2015.
    https://www.waves.com/login?ReturnUrl=/downloads/allen-heath

In the meantime I have reached to run SG studio application.
    It request un driver update for the M-DL-WAVES3 card.
    I do not know where to get this update, as the old waves console will not connect to the internet.
    The waves central offline installation is requesting to browse to a data file I do not know where to find. The data package downloaded with the offline waves central will not link into.

Really not user friendly, however still not know how I can get un updated driver.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I’m not familiar with the soundgrid thing, but Waves central shows the available drivers.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Ah, under Offline Installer, it should be possible to build a USB stick that contains the files needed for the card.

alfaomega
    Participant

Dear SteffenR, I have tried with SG v14 and as well with the wave card driver v14, but the soundcard is not recognized.
    To test this different configurations’ I had many blue screens.
    The Pbs is that since this initial V9r10 released installation, all license on Waves plug-ins do not works anymore.
    I have de-, re-installed with reg cleaning all again, but the result is always the same, no licenses anymore.
    I have contacted waves support service, but without a result in the moment.

alfaomega
    Participant

I have found the solution. All is now working.
    The problem is that there is a link in the A&H site
    https://www.allen-heath.com/content/uploads/2023/06/WAVES-V3-fitting-note-AP10844.pdf
    to a download for a waves3 driver (v9.10) that is not the right one to be taken.
    https://www.waves.com/downloads/allen-heath#v9_7
    The right things to be done is to download the offline waves central (as mentioned by Nicola)
    https://www.waves.com/dlrdr?id=central-offline-v9-92-win
    and to install the wavesv3 driver for A&H.

Regarding the license recognition problem. I had to désactive all my waves plug ins before to reactivate them again after the driver installation.

I hope this explanation will help other people in the future.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.