Bitcrushed Audio When Streaming

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting Bitcrushed Audio When Streaming

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of willmodelisme willmodelisme 6 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tricketts
    tricketts
    Participant

Hi guys!

I’ve been using my CQ-12T exclusively for studio use and streaming. I have the latest driver downloaded on my PC (v5.50.0) and am having some issues when streaming. I typically will run 3-4 analog channels (a couple stereo-linked) and a USB enabled stereo channel to send virtual instruments through. I will then send my output to a “Stream” channel which my listeners will then hear in Discord or Sonobus.

My issue is: After a few minutes of streaming, the audio will become bitcrushed or very grainy with low resolution. It sounds very digital and blippy. I’ve tried both sample rates (48 kHz and 96 kHz) to no avail. It is a very unpleasant sound that both I can hear and my audience can hear. I can power cycle the mixer and everything goes back to normal for a few minutes before this issues comes back.

Any help would be great! Thanks

System Specs:
    Microsoft Windows 11 Home
    10.0.22631 Build 22631
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 12-Core Processor, 3801 Mhz
    64GB Ram

CQ-12T Firmware: v1.1.1

Profile photo of Area51drones
    Area51drones
    Participant

Have you had good luck using other audio mixers with this workflow?

tricketts
    Participant

Yes, I’m coming from a Behringer Flow 8 digital mixer and didn’t have any issues like this with it.

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

Have that issue since the beginning.
    It is a windows issue when using VDM drivers, it is very random, and non reproductible.
    Might occur less with ASIO driver but not sure.
    No need to shut down CQ when it is happening, my solution is to change sample rate on the fly form drivers windows on the PC and it is back to normal again for a while.
    A&H support is aware and still investigating.
    I really encourage you to contact them also, that will for sure help them.

tricketts
    Participant

Ahh, I see. I figured it was driver related some how. How does one exactly change the sample rate of the drivers? Or do you mean on the mixer itself in the config panel/USB panel?

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

Go on the CQ driver’s window and you’ll find here that you can change sample rate on the fly.
    By the way I am currently trying another solution by disabling the motherboard sound card’s drivers.
    Seems to be running OK so far.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.