When do we get a firmware update?

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting When do we get a firmware update?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JimmyLee JimmyLee 11 hours, 21 minutes ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of D. Gauss
    D. Gauss
    Participant

Just bought a CQ-18T and was shocked to find that you can’t assign a soft button to mute more than one channel. As a long time Qu-Pac owner/user, I always have my Qu-Pac set up with one soft button to mute all mics, one to mute all FX and one to mute canned break music. That the CQ-18T can’t do this is extremely disappointing. Not talking about a “mixing station” solution, as I rarely use a tablet for control (even on the qu-pac). When, if ever, will an update come? Sadly considering returning the CQ and sticking to the bulkier, heavier, gotta bring a router QU-Pac.

Profile photo of JimmyLee
    JimmyLee
    Participant

I wanted something similar. What I ended up doing is using ‘scenes’. So say one scene is my mics/etc unmuted (band playing), another scene is everything muted except bluetooth (and some vol up). Then I assigned those two scene’s to two of the soft keys. At the press of one soft key it switches to my scene for intermission/break, and another is back again…

Profile photo of Gerski
    Gerski
    Participant

I wanted something similar. What I ended up doing is using ‘scenes’. So say one scene is my mics/etc unmuted (band playing), another scene is everything muted except bluetooth (and some vol up). Then I assigned those two scene’s to two of the soft keys. At the press of one soft key it switches to my scene for intermission/break, and another is back again JimmyLee

Never thought about doing that. Sounds so obvious now that you suggested it. I’ll set up my CQ18T that way at my gig tomorrow. Neat little workaround until A&H bring mute groups to the next firmware update (hopefully) Thanks JimmyLee!

JimmyLee
    Participant

You’re welcome. I tried this at an actual gig last weekend and it worked perfectly. I just set soft key #1 to my main (gig) scene, and soft key #2 to a duplicate scene but with all mics muted and the BT audio turned up (for intermission). Hit key #2 for intermission, key #1 when the band came back for their 2nd set.

Profile photo of D. Gauss
    D. Gauss
    Participant

Don’t see how that helps at all if you’ve actually done any “mixing” during the band set. e.g. you’d have to save a new scene just to get back to where you left off when the band comes back on.

JimmyLee
    Participant

you’re dead right, apols, there’s a step to overwrite the scene before going to break

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.