Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Tagged: 

This topic contains 510 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike G Mike G 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

Hi Giorgio,

The first question is – once you put it in did you format it using the QU-SB?
    The second question is – what did you actually buy?

As I understand it, if you buy a different size memory stick the chips used can be different and it can behave differently to others in the same product line. I was quite specific about which stick I used – I gave a very specific model number which works – this is a 64GB stick not a 32GB stick. You bought a different stick – I haven’t tested that – what I have tested is the very specific one I recommended. I recorded yet another 2 hr gig with the same stick again only on Saturday.

I will say that this 64GB stick is the only 64GB stick I can get working. I have 3 other 64GB sticks all of which failed to work – indeed at times the issue was getting the sticks to be even recognised – which is exceedingly poor – EVERY stick should be recognised at the very least. Whether you can stream audio to it is another matter – and I feel it is a worthy complaint that A&H should address.

I would say that you think you’ll send back the QU-SB to the shop is rather surprising – did you not want to buy a leading 32ch digital mixer then? The A&H kit is a supremely featured and very good quality mixing desk – I have no idea what you would buy instead!

To make mine work – I plug in directly to the socket – no extension cable.
    In accordance with the instructions I then used the QU-SB to format the USB stick.
    Make sure your QU-SB is on the latest firmware (1.92 rev 4542 IIRC) and for good measure use Qu-Pad 1.91 (shouldnt affect the stick use though). Being on the latest firmware on the QU-SB will be really important as the folks at A&H have made changes in various firmwares.
    From there on it works.
    I can save presets, scenes, shows. I can record two track. But every gig I do I record 18ch multi-track. I can playback 18ch projects previously recorded. I can transfer them across to PC for mixing and processing in SONAR Platinum.

Hope that helps,
    Barry

Profile photo of Giorgio
    Giorgio
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    thank you for answering. Sorry for getting crazy, but this situation drives me crazy. I was waiting now 4 days, for the USB-Stick (by the way, I used your link, so I made a mistake – in fact it is the 64 Sandisk Extreme) I do have the latest firmware V1.924542. And I cannot format it, because it doesnt recognize the usb-stick.
    On the pc it works fine.
    The ipad writes: FILE SYSTEM: Unsupported, please format. But I cannot push the button!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    New try – I formatted it on the PC with Standard bit-clusters ——– AND IT WORKS!
    Tears are running down my cheeks – I am happy ….. 😉 ;-))
    So – lets try record now.

Sorry, Barry, everything allright!

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

No worries chap – Thats great – now format it on the QU-SB though before you record!
    The problem with a lot of sticks is they come with a partitioning table making the first section look like a CD which can sometimes be a pain for devices like the QU-SB.
    Fingers crossed for you!

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

PS. It drives me mental too – Ive got 3 other 64GB sticks knocking around that I cannot use on the device…

Profile photo of BBEgo
    BBEgo
    Participant

What’s the best USB 3 HDD 1tB or bigger that can reliably record in 16ch multitrack for full 45min sets?

The Western Digital My Passport Ultra has hiccups and skips.
    Thanks!

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I’d still recommend using Flash sticks for QuDrive recording (i.e. SanDisk Extreme). Any type of HDD may and will suffer from fragmentation or shake in a live environment. If you dare to have such a large capacity, you may try something with SSD though.

Profile photo of dtrt
    dtrt
    Participant

Hi Andreas,

I totally with you. I would name it minimum sustainable write speed.
    The more I see a need for a test program in the Qu-24.
    When it comes to a skip, does the Qu-24 notice it? (buffer overrun???)
    Would be perfect to get this meta info.

Happy New Year

Profile photo of dtrt
    dtrt
    Participant

I agree with you regarding mechanical drives. A&H should review the recommendation in the user manual.
    The difference I see: mechanical disks have a read/write cache which might be large enough for this recording application.
    On the other side: there a camcorder working with SD-cards at higher write rates than a stereo recording.
    Let me guess that this recorder have larger buffer??

Profile photo of TrueBlue
    TrueBlue
    Participant

Its hard to say, but not all Hard-Disks / SSDs work on the Qu-System.

But now i`m using the

SanDisk Extreme 64GB – This Stick works like a charm!

Pretty good Stick !

Profile photo of Einstein
    Einstein
    Participant

I agree!
    Sandisk Extreme, really works.
    Here a sample in my last live recording

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of A3aan
    A3aan
    Participant

Happy New Year to you all!
    Harry: I just filled the from reporting a brand new SanDisk Cruzer Extreme 32GB – USB-Stick NOT working, my Qu-Pad does not recognize the flash drive at all.
    Einstein: how did you get it up &a running? Please advise…

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

I don’t think there is a “Cruzer Extreme”. There are Cruzer models and there is the Extreme. I use the Extreme as do others. They work. Cruzer models do not.

Buy the Extreme, not the Cruzer,

Profile photo of A3aan
    A3aan
    Participant

Dick, you’re right. I copied the invoice… att a pic of the Extreme not working stick.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

I use a cruzer at work that I’ve tried with the Qu-sb to no avail. The extreme works fine apart from 1 problem that I’ve ran into that’s still out there 🙁

A3aan = Adriaan = dutch ?

Giga

Profile photo of A3aan
    A3aan
    Participant

👍 Made in Holland!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 511 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.