Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Tagged: 

This topic contains 510 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike G Mike G 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Are there any more SSD drives to add to the tested and working list?
    What about any more tested and working 64gb or larger USB sticks.

Thanks
    Mike C.

Profile photo of Einstein
    Einstein
    Participant

Hi guy,
    Somebody can help me to know about the Kingston HyperX Savage 3.0 fast drive?
    It really works for recording with Qu-24 or similar digital desk?
    Thanks for replies.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Line 49 in the QuDrive Compatibility Chart should provide the answer.
    Maybe formatting the stick on PC before plugging into the Desk would help, no idea.

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

I have also entered a drive via the form, the Patriot TAB 32GB USB 3.
    These drives are tiny but they work great.

Profile photo of Karl
    Karl
    Participant

Hi, bought following PNY Stick. It is working and seems full compatible to my QU-32Chrome.
    Here is the Link: Attaché 4 3.0 32GB – USB 3.0 High Speed

Tested following:
    Format – YES
    Save Show – YES
    Record in Stereo – YES
    Record in Multitrack – Yes

Regards, Karl

Profile photo of rodf
    rodf
    Participant

First session with the desk. Two 45-50 minute multitrack recordings to 64GB Sandisk Extreme.
    All fine, zero errors.
    Stick is £25 in the UK

Profile photo of Einstein
    Einstein
    Participant

Cool!
    The best news on my last week.
    Thanks Rodf and Karl for your help

Profile photo of FBC Admin
    FBC Admin
    Participant

Harry, I have cruzer fit, 32gb, that I format using my pc. FAT 32 type. I add the .quu file to the root drive, take it to the board, put it in the qu drive, and it doesn’t recognize it. It asks me to format it, and hit the format icon. I have let it sit for over 5 hours with no progress. Any thoughts? The only other drive I have is a SAN disk cruzer glide in 16gb, which I understand will not work.

Sound tech

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi All, we have had a considerable number of reports that San Disk devices listed on the Qu-Drive USB Device Compatibility chart are no longer working.

The devices can usually be read, but will cause the Qu-Drive format process to hang at 0%.

We have been able to test a small number of these devices here and can confirm that there has been a chipset change in manufacturing. This seems to be across San Disks range of products.

We advise avoiding San Disk products until we are able to verify all of the devices affected and offer a resolution.

*Please note that this may not affect the San Disk Extreme models*

If you have a device which you are experiencing these issues with any devices we urge you to complete the USB Device Compatibility Questionnaire or send an email to support@allen-heath.com with all the requested details.

Thanks.
    Harry.

FBC Admin
    Participant

So, in the meantime, where is an “updated link” that has the current usb drives that are compatible with the qu-24? I would like to be able to update the firmware.

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

As found in the opening post: https://goo.gl/P7Hzq1
    The list updates automatically with each new entry.
    Thanks.
    Harry.

FBC Admin
    Participant

fantastic….thank you!

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

Lexar Professional JumpDrive P20 64GB USB 3.0 (400MB/s) Flash Drive Memory Stick

🙁 Tried in a Qu-SB. The USB light comes on on the QU-SB and then goes after after 2-3 seconds. Drive not found.
    Reformatted on Linux as FAT32. Still no joy.

🙁 Any ideas why this is the case? Even if the QU-SB only supports USB2 it should still operate the stick.

PCs running both Debian and Manjaro linux on Gigabyte motherboards can see these sticks no problem.

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

QU-0SB
    Seagate ST2000DM001 HDD SATA 3 6GB/s enclosed in a Silverstone USB3 external Caddy.

Formats: Yes
    Save show: Yes
    Record Multitrack: Lasts 2 mins and fails.
    Record Stereo: not tried!

Profile photo of kpjax
    kpjax
    Participant

Hello, I just updated my QU32 for firmware 1.8. However i can’t upgrade to 1.9. I’ve formatted my USB & it’s recognized but it won’t find the file (the only file on the USB drive). I’ve downloaded it 10 times and tried it. Just says no file found. Any help might be appreciated.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 511 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.