Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

This topic contains 485 replies, has 115 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wade Wade 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 481 through 486 (of 486 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dancour2
    Dancour2
    Participant

Would you happen to have a link to that specific drive (Verbatim V3 Drive USB3.2 Gen 1)? Thanks

Profile photo of IraBob
    IraBob
    Participant

Dancour, Your most foolproof way of finding it is by going to the Verbatim website

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

So, for whatever this is worth, I’ve been testing the Samsung 1GB T5 mini-SSD as multitrack media on my SQ6. Yesterday, I fed source (music) to 32 inputs of my SQ and recorded to the Samsung drive, 24/48, for five hours. I never saw any indication of USB overload nor, upon listening today in Reaper, hear any indication of recording error on any track.

I am pretty convinced that this drive works as it should on the SQ and for now, will have no hesitancy to use it as, at least, a multi-track backup for my JoeCo. Is it as reliable as Reaper in Dante on a MBP? Seems likely.

I still wish that it picked up the track names but, oh well. Reaper does that as normal.

D.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@tourtelot

This weekend I performed some multi tracking using my T5 (500gb) SSD using the QU-drive without any issues. Rock solid.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi All,
    To quickly clarify and add to some of the things being discussed here –

Qu

Qu USB-B connection
    – 48kHz
    – I/O channel count dependent on model, simultaneous
    Qu-16 = 24×22
    Qu-24 = 32×30
    Qu-32, Qu-Pac, Qu-SB (all have Qu-32 core) = 32×32
    – Free patching from Qu to USB, fixed patching from USB to Qu channels (patchable from computer e.g. DAW)

Qu-Drive
    – 48kHz
    – Stereo or 18 channels record or playback options
    – Shares USB-B patching to Qu-Drive for recording, Playback to Qu is source option for channels 1-18
    – Multitrack file names ‘TRK01’ to ‘TRK18’ matching channel number for playback routing

SQ

SQ USB-B connection
    – 48kHz or 96kHz
    – I/O channel count 32×32 simultaneous
    – Free patching to and from SQ/USB-B (shared patching with SQ-Drive)

SQ-Drive
    – 48kHz or 96kHz
    – Stereo or up to 16 channels at 96kHz or up to 32 channels at 48kHz, record or playback
    – For multitrack, only records the channels which have been patched, i.e. if only 6 channels are patched, there will only be 6 files in the folder
    – Free patching to and from SQ/USB-B (shared patching with USB-B)
    – Multitrack file names ‘TRK01’ to ‘TRK32’ matching channel number for playback routing
    – Stores channel/socket name in meta data of recorded file as ‘Track Name’ (viewable through file management or audio software)

Cheers,
    Keith

Profile photo of Wade
    Wade
    Participant

wow

Viewing 6 posts - 481 through 486 (of 486 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.