Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Tagged: 

This topic contains 510 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike G Mike G 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of holdsg
    holdsg
    Participant

thanks Jake….

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

Ciao Marco68 noi possiamo parlare via mail o al telefono???? Se ti fa piacere, devo sempre devo convertire inglese in italiano..
    La mia mail celantegianni8@gmail.com. Saluti grazie.

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI P8max utilizzando Tapatalk

Profile photo of RichardR
    RichardR
    Participant

what is the status of the sandisk drives now? really frustrated that the simple process of recording MTK or stereo has turned into a nightmare! I just want a drive that works. Can Allen & Heath not sell us one that thy have tested and can stand over? if not, why not. I now have a desk that I have to guess what recording device will work on it. I don’t have unlimited funds – don’t use a community list, use an A&H approved and tested list – PLEASE!

what is the recording throughput specification for the QU-32 desk – you say most USB pen drives are not suitable but why? what spec do I need on a usb device to work? I cannot keep guessing.
    A definitive answer is needed – If I’ve missed it, then I apologise but this is really frustrating when it ‘should’ be a very simple task

yours in hope and frustration

Richard

Profile photo of mark68
    mark68
    Participant

Hi Richard, I know about this problem about pen drives, so I decided to look for an SDD and I tried the Extreme 500 I posted the test of it in the A&H approved and tested list, for now I am Lucky with this drive. I attached it on the side with some velcro.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

you say most USB pen drives are not suitable but why? what spec do I need on a usb device to work? I cannot keep guessing.

This is insanely frustrating. I have a couple dozen different USB sticks, some new, some dating back many years. Exactly 1 is even recognized by my QU-32. Won’t multitrack without errors, but at least I can archive my scenes on it. It’s a SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 64GB. In smaller type it says SDCZ48-064G. OK, I’ll get some more of those, only 32GB since all I will put on them is 300 kb of scene data. Same name, and SDCZ48-032G. Surprise, the QU-32 won’t read or format them. I preformatted them in 3 other computers first, Macs and PCs, but that made no difference.

Not all of my USB hard drives work, either. And the idea that I need to carry around a 500GB spinning disk hard drive with a cable in order to archive or transfer some 26KB scene data files just boggles me.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Every crappy computer made in the last 20 years will recognize any stick you put into it, at least well enough to format it. What is the problem? Is it hardware? OS drivers? Does the SQ share the same flaw? Fix it, please, Mssrs Allen and Heath.

Profile photo of JP
    JP
    Participant

Has anyone had issues with drives degrading over time? I bought three Patriot Tab 32GB USB 3.0 drives from the “good” list about a year ago. They all worked flawlessly initially, but then after a few months of use each one started to have errors crop up while recording from the qu-drive (on my Qu-Pac). I always format in the mixer after each recording…

Profile photo of Bofrost_Mann
    Bofrost_Mann
    Participant

Report to SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (250 GB) – Model SDSSDE60-250G

I bought a SanDisk Extreme Portable SSd this week an here’s my expierience with it.

First of all: after some tricky format issues it works on a SQ-5 (Firmware v1.2.0 r2258) without any dropouts on multitrack recording!

Although it is working now, I had some trouble with formatting right in the beginning. The console won’t format the device and there was still a red exclamation mark displayed near the usb symbol at the desks touchscreen. After choosing the format option the progress bar ran to 255%!!! percent but nothing else happened and the disk was unusable at this point. I tried several things, formatted it several ways on my Win10-PC, but the SQ didn’t work with it.
    By nearly giving it up (another waste of 100 € to the recording function …) I tried to copy the A&H folder structure of a working usb stick to the SanDisk SSD on my PC and unbelievable now the SQ was able to format the SSD! Since that the device is working fine! – May this would be a workaround for other similar problems?

For Rebuyers: I bought it on Amazon.de and I use it in combination with a deleyCon USB-C to USB-A cable:
    SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD 250GB
    deleyCON 0,5m USB-C Kabel

Regards,

Bofrost_Mann

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

After much research – seems the SanDisk Extreme CZ80 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive – SDCZ80-064G-GAM46 is a GREAT option – !!!BUT!!! they are no longer made. Any word if the updated GO versions works as well (Sandisk Extreme Go 64GB USB 3.0 (3.1 Gen 1) Type-A USB Flash Drive – SDCZ800-064G-G46)???? Please help. I am suffering like everyone else and really wish A&H would just sell a working drive.

Profile photo of Alexander
    Alexander
    Participant

I have a Sandisk Extreme Go 64GB USB 3.1 and it does not work at all with my QU-PAC, no chance.

I bought a “SanDisk SDSSDEXT-500G-G25 500GB Extreme 500” (Portable SSD) which works nicely so far.

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

Thx to those above who recommended the 250GB Sandisk SSD.

I can confirm that the Sandisk Extreme 500 250GB SSD works prefectly on a QU-SB with several hours multi-track from a festival over the weekend.

The model number is SDSSDEXT-250G.

Profile photo of JP
    JP
    Participant

Just wanted to report that I’ve had good luck (so far) with the Samsung T5 Portable SSD – 250GB – USB 3.1 External SSD (MU-PA250B/AM)

Certainly more expensive than a usb stick, but really reliable in my tests so far! No errors after nearly 8 hours continuous in multitrack!

Bought the highly recommended Sandisk 64GB Extreme, formatted in the Qu Drive, multi-tracked a 2.5 hour graduation ceremony, now my drive is not being recognized on any device, including the Qu-Pac I recorded on. Bummer. System was throwing a lot of errors. I didn’t have time to stop/re-start the recording.

Profile photo of Darkmutton
    Darkmutton
    Participant

I have a Sandisk Ultra USB3 32GB drive, it would never work on the QU16 but now seems to work fine on an SQ6

Profile photo of stylos
    stylos
    Participant

Hi All,

does anyone have a link to a list of compatible usb devices for use with SQ-drive?.
    have purchased two off of the list for QU-drive devices to no avail….

thanks in advance

Profile photo of gerardodechile
    gerardodechile
    Participant

Hi, I recently bought a Sandisk Extreme cz80 16GB usb 3.0 drive. It work flawless on the QU16 running firmware version 1.9. I can record and playback 1 hour 40 minutes, 16 tracks + L + R.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 511 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.