Notes on the 1.90

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Notes on the 1.90

This topic contains 33 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RS RS 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

Two things in 1.90 caught my eye.

A)
    There is now a Gate Threshold function for the Custom Rotary Functions.
    I’ve been waiting for this for a long time, and I think it’s very good!
    But I noticed that the threshold for the gate can be set here, but not for the source expander.
    It would be nice if this could still be done.

For the Dual Threshold Expander, you could use the Upper Threshold value here?

B)
    If a DCA group is opened via Spill and a channel function is edited there, the LIB key no longer works.
    In the touch screen, it works via the Library button, but the button on the surface has no function. Unfortunately, I can’t remember which library I wanted to call up, but it was related to the DCA spill function. If I didn’t have DCA Spill selected, the LIB button worked.
    That’s not a bad thing, because you can access it via the touchscreen. But it irritated me.

Profile photo of TontechnikDH
    TontechnikDH
    Participant

I think i found a little bug in 1.90
    When using the Opto-Compressor the „Ratio“ Rotary in the compressor itself and in the Side-Widget do not match.
    This has worked in all the 1.8X Versions.
    See the attached Video:

Profile photo of Wilmer
    Wilmer
    Participant

I have fund two bugs in the new firmware

The first has to do whit NEQ. When you switch the NEQ type to the new model and the switch back the faders resets to 0db but the yellow curve above doesn’t.

Set Safes ON/Set Safes OFF when using Gain Sharing does not work, or the blue outer line dosen’t show that it has changed setting.

Suggestion: Have the possibility to set all channels to Gain tracking, making it easy to set up Gain Tracking in digital split.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@Wolfang
    We cannot reproduce the DCA Spill / Lib button issue. If you come across it again, could you grab a quick video and raise a ticket at https://support.allen-heath.com/?

@tontechnikdh
    Well spotted, this is now logged in our system.

@wilmer
    Can you post a picture of the yellow curve after changing EQ type? A small bump at the low end of the spectrum is a known (pre V1.9) bug and doesn’t affect the audio.

The blue outer line on ‘Set Safes On’ is not a state representation. The button sets all preamps patched from that I/O Port to Safe, which is then reflected in the Global Safes menu.

Profile photo of Wilmer
    Wilmer
    Participant

Here is a video

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

It would be helpful to have a visual thumbnail for the GEQ/NEQ when looking at the bank window

Wolfgang
    Participant

@NicolaA&H
    I can’t reproduce the problem with the DCA spill/lib button anymore either. As soon as I notice it again, I’ll let you know.

But I have found a second error.
    In NEQ12, the last filter can be switched in its function. However, when it is switched to Bell, the bandwidth can be changed on the screen, but a connected measuring system shows no change in the bandwidth of this filter.
    With the other filters, however, the regulation of the bandwidth works perfectly.
    I can make a video if necessary.

Wolfgang
    Participant

It would be helpful to have a visual thumbnail for the GEQ/NEQ when looking at the bank window

+1!

It would also be good to be able to see in the bank overview which functions are stored in the inserts.

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Thanks Wolfgang.
    Yes, we have spotted the NEQ12 bug too. It seems to happen when band 1 is set to shelf or HPF. The developers are looking into it.

Wolfgang
    Participant

Yes, I had set the first filter to HPF.

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

I think I found a bug with scene recall and softkey assignments.

Pg. 80 of Manual (Firmware Reference Guide) says softkeys are stored in scenes.
    Using proper filtering a scene & softkey combination should be able to round-robin between two (or more) scenes.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Why does the new setting “don’t mount IPs when offline” in Director has to be reverted on every start of the app? I don’t get the sense behind it.

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@lightingman117 Can you confirm your SoftKeys are not Safe in the Global Safes screen? This would have priority over the Recall Filters.

Profile photo of Douglas
    Douglas
    Participant

I’ve noticed in the RTA, touch and turn for the “peak” response is hardly functional. Turning the knob hardly has an effect on the value. This isn’t the case for the “average” response.

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

That was it…Grr, I hardly ever touch global safes and had forgotten. a year of no dLive will do that to ya 🙁

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.