Notes on the 1.90

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Notes on the 1.90

This topic contains 33 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RS RS 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Loloverde
    Loloverde
    Participant

Hi

I use the right side widget just as a jumping point to the main window of the gate or compressor. So I never have the only compressor widget on. That’s the reason, I did not see it.

I played a little bit with the different firmware versions:
    In 1.87 flat means a value of 31. In 1.9 flat has a value of 22.
    If you store a flat emphasis in 1.87 you will have a flat emphasis in 1.9.
    At least on the user interface the emphasis is the same in both versions.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Without some insight of the developers about what has really been changed, this is all poking in the dark….

A&H?????

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

You are correct that the Emphasis control for the OptTronik gets reset in V1.90 due to changes in its behaviour. There is a warning to this effect at the top of the Release Notes but it wrongly mentions Libraries only. In addition to the variable Emphasis as it existed in V1.8, we added two fixed modes with an 80Hz HPF and an 80Hz-5kHz band pass. These of course operate on the sidechain, not on the compressor output.

Two other models had minor changes. The Opto compressor has some improvements to the Transient and Burn behaviour (but there is no ‘reset’ of settings in this case and the differences are very subtle), and the de-esser now has three filter types.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Thx, Nicola! 👍

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.