SQ-7 ASIO randomly lost

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ-7 ASIO randomly lost

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SQuser SQuser 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gleebaz
    gleebaz
    Participant

Periodically, at a random moment, the sound disappears during operation. It turned out that the mixer is no longer defined as an audio interface. The causes and triggers are unclear, only once did it look like static electricity was the cause, but only once, in other cases it looked as if it was causeless.

P.S. At first, it was solved by restarting the mixer every time. Then I found a faster way – switching the sampling rate.
    P.S.S. Unfortunately, I didn’t pay enough attention to it at first, but I had to think about it after the incident at the concert.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

I’ve had that happen recording to a Macbook. The only thing unusual going on was a number of people using SQ4You. Board reboot fixed it.

Profile photo of gleebaz
    gleebaz
    Participant

I do not use SQ4You, only one tablet with a MixPad on the monitor line.

This has happened to me more than once. And at first it only happened while working in the DAW in the studio (just mixing, not even recording). But recently, the playback fell off at a concert. Then I realized that I would be using a stereo pair in the near future.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

I assume you tried replacing the USB cable and cleaning the board’s jack?

Profile photo of gleebaz
    gleebaz
    Participant

Yes, but the extremely random nature of the error does not allow us to determine whether replacing the cable helped.

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

Your problem may be also with your PC.
    You should try another, possibly “cleaner” PC.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.