Custom Control for dLive is here!

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Custom Control for dLive is here!

This topic contains 82 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rombout Rombout 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Ji Jurgen,

I assume you are looking at the correct Mix in Director?
    Could you take a quick video of the issue and post a link either here or in a support ticket at support.allen-heath.com?

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

Great solution voor iem mixes.

Ik have made an template for the monitor mixer, i send the pafl 2 bus to the monitor engineers iem, is there a way to make a selector for the aux busses?

Profile photo of JS-Sound
    JS-Sound
    Participant

Hi Nicola,
    i set up everything to record a video – and it was working from powering up……
    Same settings, same scene, same version of the custom control.
    Possible that custom control needs a reboot of the Mixrack? The other devices (iPad, Director, …) I had rebooted during the first setup.

Now its a really nice solution for the monitor mix.

Jürgen

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

I experienced as well if you change the showfile or change the mixrack settings (number of mtx channels etc) you should first restart the mixrack to make sure the custom control sends the correct information to the mixrack!

Profile photo of Ovivian
    Ovivian
    Participant

Hello everyone 🙂 Help me please – how can I make a singl STEREO channel? For example: I have PC connecting to dLive with 1 fader – stereo channel 121/122. I can not find a stereo input in the Сustom Control.

Profile photo of Martijn
    Martijn
    Participant

Hi Ovivian,

There is no stereo link in CC but there is in the dLive.
    If you link channel 121/122 in the dLive you can take control over channel 121 or 122 in CC and the channel will follow.

Profile photo of Ovivian
    Ovivian
    Participant

Martijn
    Thank you!
    then my thoughts were correct)

Profile photo of Dima
    Dima
    Participant

@nicola

Thanks for that template! It really has helped me.. until I had the need for more users than dLive can provide profiles. So I made one where you will only need one user profile, to control up to 8 stereo auxiliaries..

The 8 Aux tabs at top are overlaid with dynamic tabs so that name will correspond with its Auxiliary name on surface (example; tab one will be labeled same as St Aux 1 on the dLive surface). This becomes useful when you have a band that rotates a lot (won’t need to make edits)
    the bottom tabs have all 64 inputs, plus the first four FX returns (I use for vocals and guitar)

My worship team never used the “route” button so I didn’t add that. But PAN is still included (will work if you allow mix rack to not follow Main Pan).

Should be good for iPad and iPhone.

Link to Template below.

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/083Qtzmv4HVkNxTnKR0BBX-xA#Custom_Control

Profile photo of Dima
    Dima
    Participant

image example

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Rombout
    Rombout
    Participant

Hi there,

we just got an ahm64 and was tinkering a design. Looking at the app just now and guess i need to let go of full custom design. Really hope we can style items more expanded in the future. Items like source select are using a build in style, this kinda brakes overall experience. Would also be nice if we could use custom fonts. Ive tried to figure this out and guess if could upload custom fonts to the system and adjust the xml manually it could work.

There are flaws in the app. Buttons which have labels, should actually have a position. Currently if you add text to a button its always in the middle and overlaps the default button, this makes it looks very hackish and something mashed together. Grouping elements would also be a very nice add. Currently we need to do lots of tedious labor selecting part by part. We can however select all at once.

Another big feature would be nice if images would keep there aspect ratio. The layout can have this responsiveness, but this looks so horrible!!! it squashes and stretches everything and looks like some kiddo smashed something on there pulling and stretching it. oooffff! Sorry for that! Im a graphic designer and seeing this immediately make me think i need to make dedicated layout, which is double the time 🙁

There is hardly to no info about image type usage or whats best to use. App is simply released with not very much info about it. Feels like its in a beta stage, but perhaps thats due to the usage of QT

Ive attached a design ill try to tackle with custom sliders and faders, i doubt it will work out as i designed. Fonts are the first issue, custom source selector cant be done. Responsive design will look horrible.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Rombout
    Rombout
    Participant

Im getting pretty close to the original design. Not sure i did everything correct, my colleague needs to setup the system first before i can connect all channels and inputs. Guess my reset button needs to go, could find such function so i added level down function. I need more space since they are too tall now. I can still play around with the heights of the faders and meters i guess.

I was amazed actually how i could get the same style using some images i exported. I even added custom sldier know and made custom mute button

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

How did you manage to put the level meters so nicely behind the faders?
    Unfortunately, I can’t get it to look that good.

Profile photo of Rombout
    Rombout
    Participant

In your file i see many tabs, but lots of them all point to the same channel. For instance Band IEMS Guitar uses channel 93. But this is also used in VOX IEMS in v3

Profile photo of Rombout
    Rombout
    Participant

I used the align functions, its a bit tedious, especially when you need to enter channels. I simply selected both and used align center vertically and then align center horizontally.

@admin

Why cant we post 2 comments after one? What is the point of this if i can only post 1 comment per hour or per day. I dont know what the criteria is.

Profile photo of Rombout
    Rombout
    Participant

@JS Sound,

can i ask how the top tabs actually work. i see all sliders on each tab get the same input channel, but each tab uses different output channels. With other files i see this swapped

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.