Additional DEEP plugins from dLive 1.9 (Bus, Source Expanders)

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Additional DEEP plugins from dLive 1.9 (Bus, Source Expanders)

This topic contains 33 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Scott, are you saying any amy and all software based processing is in no way limited by the SQ’s 36 bus design or it’s processing chip? That is a considerable departure from my understanding pursuant to fitting software to the existing processing limitations of any desk.
    My effort to review the current knowns, pursuant to the SQ line, extended well beyond source expander plugins. Your selection of item #3, that illustrates the potential obsolescence of internal desk performance XLRs, is out of context. Item #2 describes my understanding of the A&H plugin priority process: if you possess information to the contrary please share it with us.

Please try to look at the entire question of future accommodation of any number of software and other related SR needs and/or wants. IMO the most likely device to achieve this end will be a universal processing controller that will enable a license purchase of any currently available plugin, when you need it. There will be expected price point intervals pursuant to the size of the desk, that will be determined by the number of faders and connective ports required.
    It is an egregious mistake to limit the full range of high quality processing options exclusively to only large format consoles. Small & medium channel count applications vastly outnumber the need for large consoles, given the fact that today 48 expansion stage box inputs and needed outputs can be efficiently managed with 16 layered faders.
    Hugh

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I never said, nor implied that processing can’t reach processing limits. You are suggesting that SQ is at its current processing limit, which I seriously doubt. Anyway, if that were the case I’m sure that A&H would chime in and explain it, much like they did for the Dyn8 requests. Dyn8 is a different thing however, since it uses its own dedicated processing engine, which the SQ lacks. DEEP the SQ has which is what this thread was requesting. We will all just have to wait and see what A&H gives us in the SQ update. 🙂

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

In my post of 05/03/22 this quote pursuant to a source expander request: “Perhaps Keith will see fit to let us know the reason/reasons it was not included in the SQ line and whether or not the SQ’s 36 bus architecture will accommodate it’s addition”

Asking for a an official response to a popular request that has been supported for more than 1 year is absolutely proper and timely. The absence of any official clarity from A&H does not obviate the importance of asking for the info.
    Hugh

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

The source expander first showed up in dLive 1.9 which was released in Sep 2021, so not quite a year yet.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.