3 big features missing from dLive as of 2018 compared to DiGiCo, Avid, Yamaha

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions 3 big features missing from dLive as of 2018 compared to DiGiCo, Avid, Yamaha

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mixJM mixJM 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mixJM
    mixJM
    Participant

There are 3 big features missing from dLive platform when compared to other leading manufacturers, at the time of writing this post on 31st of December 2018.
    I’m interested to find out if A&H are planning to address them.

For many people jumping from Avid, DiGiCo and Yamaha desks there are three big features missing:

1. Scene Preview mode, together with the ability to run the control surface offline, without the mixrack connected. A “Surface Offline” mode. I noticed this is theoretically possible, because the actual software is inside the surface. When I disconnect C2500 from CDM mixrack, for the short period of time I can still visually edit parameters on the C2500.
    2. Solo In Place. Super important for Virtual Soundcheck, production rehearsals, etc.
    3. Channel organisation features. Currently the channel list is fixed. There are no channel move / swap features, there are no presets storing multiple channels at the same time. Copy / Paste function could be used for that if it allowed copying multiple channels at the same time. Think of DiGiCo SD “Copy From” or “Presets”, where you can copy / store complete presets of multiple channels, together with names and routing.

An important question that comes to my mind: It is known Allen & Heath and DiGiCo are currently under the same parent company. Could the missing features be a part of the strategy that doesn’t let dLive cannibalise DiGiCo SD market?

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

Hi Jacek,

Happy New Year.

To answer your questions:

> Scene Preview Mode
    > “Surface Offline” mode

We started working on these some time ago but they have been parked for the time being. It is something we will be looking at again however.

> Solo In Place

Watch this space.

> Channel Organisation Features

As far as “moving” channels (i.e. not input processing channels) is concerned, the system architecture does not allow for this.

The copying and pasting of multiple channels, and/or multi channel libraries, is something I can add to the feature request list though.

> “An important question that comes to my mind: It is known Allen & Heath and DiGiCo are currently under the same parent company.
    > Could the missing features be a part of the strategy that doesn’t let dLive cannibalise DiGiCo SD market?”

No, this isn’t the case.

Best Regards,
    Ben

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

As long as we get a streamlined, easy way to store channels into a library, I would be very happy. This process has to include, preamp, channel processing, inserts and mix sends in a single run.

Profile photo of guma
    guma
    Participant

… in detail:
    including the choosen deep processing …

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

The copying and pasting of multiple channels, and/or multi channel libraries, is something I can add to the feature request list though.

yes, please! 😉

Profile photo of mixJM
    mixJM
    Participant

@Ben_A&H

Happy New Year for you too!
    I’m really excited that the features are taken under consideration.
    If I may add – multi channel libraries would in fact allow to rearrange the channels. One could call it a workaround, but a reasonably convenient one.
    I’m sure these features will make dLive a no compromise festival and touring platform which will give Yamaha and other companies a hard time for several years.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.