Scene Change Delay

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Scene Change Delay

This topic contains 22 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Saving scenes as deltas from the previous settings would be great for speed, but would only be useful to me if the software has the capability to reconcile all the changes when scenes are reordered. This would slow down the reordering a bit, but is not an unsolvable problem. I essentially need to create scenes for musical sets that can be changed.

There are a couple of ways this could be solved from an algorithm standpoint. The simplest is probably a function to walk the scenes and fill in all the missing gaps. Then after reorder, another function to walk the list and remove redundant information and leave the deltas in place. This could offer the both of best worlds without too much problem programically.

I could go something like this: entering reorder mode fill in the scenes with all settings; exiting reorder mode eliminate all but the differences. Restoring scenes out of order would be slightly more complicated but solving this problem would eliminate the need to do the conversions as often.

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

And this probably doesn’t apply to your situation, but with a idr32 you can have duplicates of all channels in the mixer. In other words inputs 1-32 go first to channels 1-32 and then again to channels 33-64. This doesn’t get them out of the mixer, but gives you the option of having two versions of the same channel. If you needed 32 outputs you could also add 2 xdr-16’s and that would give you 32 available outputs. Just some thoughts.

T112/48, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, and trying to patiently wait on Dante. ;)

Profile photo of Eric-P
    Eric-P
    Participant

Looking into purchasing ilive for music and theatre. During the scene switch does the current scene continue playing until next scene is recalled or is there quiet time?

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Eric P

Looking into purchasing ilive for music and theatre. During the scene switch does the current scene continue playing until next scene is recalled or is there quiet time?

There is no “quiet” time between scenes….audio keeps going through….

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of Eric-P
    Eric-P
    Participant

Great thanks!

Profile photo of JacobLLA
    JacobLLA
    Participant

Just finished demoing, love it, the only thing is the delay on scene recall, yes I did do a work around, and only recalled info I need and it worked fine,
    But I put this out there, why is it a Yamaha 02R can recall everything, and over a fade time, and this system can’t, even a behringer DDX3216 can.

Also a very slow memory store on the Ilive, my 18 year old Yamaha’s have no delay.

I really want to buy this system, but don’t want to have to do a work around, after pulling it out of a box.

Is this delay being look at?

Jacob
    LifeLike

Profile photo of cvbommel
    cvbommel
    Participant

Delay should be fixed in firmware 1.82, still have to try though.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the delay is not fixed, it’s improved…
    Still valid what is stored in the scene, but recall looks much faster.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.