Scene Change Delay

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Scene Change Delay

This topic contains 22 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jheimberg
    jheimberg
    Participant

Quick question: I installed an iLive t112-idr48 back in July with then (then) latest firmware/etc.

Everything is peachy, but one continual complaint I get from the customer is the 1-2 second delay when switching scenes. I’ve verified the delay myself, and it’s a pain!

The venue has three stages, and each song is a stage change, so you can imagine the frustration when there’s this awkward pause.

Is there a workaround? Is 1.8 faster?

Thanks,

Jonathan

http://www.soundadvicetraining.com

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Scenes are slow if they have everything stored in them (store all). They will change much quicker if you only have say fader levels and mutes so if you can edit your scenes to only have what is actually changing between scenes you will find them much more responsive. Do a “store all” at important scene locations or at the start of the show.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

I agree that storing less information into a scene would make it more quickly to recall. However, if the time for scene creation is limited then store all is single option as store some takes much more time and thinking.

ddff
    T112+iDR48

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Maybe this could be something for a future update: the ability to preset a specific scene store profile… the other issue with doing the selective store on the fly is the chance that you’ll miss something important.

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yes – a user scene store library /Profile/Template – call it what you want has been requested before! The way I work around it (for Theatre shows anyway) is to store a scene with just the parameters needed, copy that edited scene to many new unused locations, then when programming start the first scene with a Store ALL, and for the next scenes just hit update. You can also still decide to hit Store All if you know there are other changes that need storing. Works fine for Theatre type shows but not for multiple band/artist changeovers!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

That’s a very elegant Kludge Richard, I might try that one ;)

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

I would also like the option to store the parameters that I changed since my last scene recall on top of the parameters defined is the template.

That way, I could store fader levels by default, and let’s say, store a specific change in EQ for a specific channel on top of the fader levels just by executing that change and then choosing save scene according to template and with changed parameters. Ideally the system could show me the list of things I changed since the last scene recall (up to a certain number of changes of course).

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of Gijsbert
    Gijsbert
    Participant

I also work with ligthing desks and they have the “tracking” option. In short, when you press store they only store what is changed. Everything else, the channels that weren’t changed, stay just the way they were. Would be great on an ilive, you don’t have to worry if you have forgotten something!

Greetings,

Gijsbert

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Gijsbert

I also work with ligthing desks and they have the “tracking” option.
    Gijsbert

And they also have scene fading… that’s still on top of my wish list!

greetings from Belgium,
    Wouter

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by woutert

quote:

Originally posted by Gijsbert

I also work with ligthing desks and they have the “tracking” option.
    Gijsbert

And they also have scene fading… that’s still on top of my wish list!

greetings from Belgium,
    Wouter

+1 on both items….. especially scene fading…….

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of JacobLLA
    JacobLLA
    Participant

Any one know any more on this problem being fixed?

I am demoing ilive t112 with a IDR-64, loving it, but slow load and no fade time on scene loads is a pain. fine for a band, but running a theatre show, when I press go it needs to go!

Going to give stix way ago tomorrow.

Jacob
    LifeLike

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

I use Stix method too it works well for me

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of camhissey
    camhissey
    Participant

I’ve also found if you need to be quick in creating the scenes – say in the tech run for a musical, hit store all throughout, then later use a computer editor to remove parts of the scene you dont need, or if I’ve had the forethought/setup time, i do as stix suggests and create a heap of copy/pastes with just Mutes Levels Assignments and Strip Assignments, then re-add any singular items back to scenes that might need them, such as a IP Name change.

Then hitting update stores just the parts you need.

That being said, im gonna +1 the request for tracking what has changed, and a +1 for choosing templates

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

I would not want to choose from a predesigned template but, I would like to create a template.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kentlowt

I would not want to choose from a predesigned template but, I would like to create a template.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

FWIW, on a usb key I have created a show called Scene Templates and in there I have scene “types” I use most often as well as “patch only” scenes depending on whether I am touring with different systems or at home in our theatre in a fixed install…all I have to do is determine which type of show it is and import these scenes to the editor within any given show file ,then it’s just a matter of copying and pasting at the appropriate scene # ….that way you can also filter/block/allow what gets imported…..

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.