RF Integration

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions RF Integration

This topic contains 42 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brody Brody 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of STBLucas
    STBLucas
    Participant

Im interested if IEM´s would be possible to link too…

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

What does the manual tell you about this question?
    And out of interest, what information a transmitter can supply, would be of high interest for you to see directly on the mixing board?

Profile photo of Dec
    Dec
    Participant

Would love to see battery level and rf signal.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

And which of the IEM transmitters by Shure and Sennheiser (the 2 companies currently supported by A&H) supply these infos?
    And are there any IEM transmitters by other companies, that will show this info?

I don’t know of any…
    Please enlighten me!

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I agree:
    First, Sennheiser and Shure must also offer this data before it can be displayed by the console.

Profile photo of Dec
    Dec
    Participant

Well Sennheiser does show you that detail with WSM.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Well Sennheiser does show you that detail with WSM.

On which IEM systems that is?
    To my understanding, for this information to be shown on the transmitter, it would require a sending channel from the receiver back to the transmitter. And I don’t know of any IEM receivers that offers that functionality.

Profile photo of Dec
    Dec
    Participant

Ahh sorry, it was a receiver that I saw getting this data. Yea i don’t know is it just me that thinks this would be handy? Or is it not needed

Wolfgang
    Participant

Of course – it would be a useful function.

But as RS already wrote: the receiver would then have to transmit its status back to the transmitter.
    So there would have to be a transmitter in the receiver.
    Otherwise, the transmitter can’t know the battery status of the receiver.

I don’t know, maybe Lectrosonics has something like that, but I don’t know of any IEM receiver from Sennheiser or Shure that can send its values back to the transmitter.
    Maybe there will be something like that someday.

So for the moment we have no choice but to put in new charged batteries before the show and trust that they will survive the show. And that’s where we have a lot of experience.

What is in any case a fact:
    the console can’t display data that it doesn’t receive.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Ahh sorry, it was a receiver that I saw getting this data. Yea i don’t know is it just me that thinks this would be handy? Or is it not needed

Sure it would be a great feature to have. But who would be willing to spend almost the double prize on a IEM unit, or what ever it will cost to implement a second transmitter and a second receiver, just to see battery level? Maybe it could be done technically using WIFI for a reduced prize point and without introducing too much trouble into the antenna system as it would happen with 2 parallel RF systems.
    But we are talking about reliability in the event industry and for me that is to avoid WIFI where ever I could. So I stay with the old habit as described by Wolfgang.

And Wolfgang, Lectrosonics don’t offer that feature on any of their IEM devices I know.

Wolfgang
    Participant

Thanks for the tip about Lectrosonics. I’m not that familiar with their products, but if a manufacturer had this function, it would probably be them. 😉

Profile photo of Djtucci
    Djtucci
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the update 1.2v of the Avantis, would be nice to add the Senneheser IEM RF control.

Profile photo of Brody
    Brody
    Participant

I would love this, is the Shure PSM1000 or PSM900 Dante compatible?

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.