Ran out of Slink ports, anyone got any ideas?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Ran out of Slink ports, anyone got any ideas?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nudgy Nudgy 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nudgy
    Nudgy
    Participant

Hello!

Random question, currently our broadcast feed is handled by an Aux output, but we want to buy a separate SQ mixer for it. The only problem is that the built in Slink port is handling DX168 stage box duties, and the Slink I/O card is handling ME1’s. So I really don’t know where I would be able to plug in that broadcast board. And yes, dante would fix all of this but switching over to DT168 from DX168 would be a huge pain!

Thanks!
    -Adam (Nudgy)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

My first approach would be to either connect the DX-Boxes to the broadcast console (disadvantage is that then the input gain is controlled by the broadcast console) connect the ME1 to the broadcast console. You can use tie lines to forward the source signals to the indented targets. Pro is that it can be solved without extra cost (maybe some extra network cables are needed for the different connections).

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

There a few options.

The first, trade the dx168 in for an gx4816, the gx4816 has an me port, so you can connect the me’s to the gx, the 2nd sling is then available for split.

The second option to put an slink card in the broadcast sq and connect the me’s to the broadcast sq.

The third option, buy and dline cdm32 with c1500 and gigaace card. Now you can connect every thing to the cdm32.

The forth option to replace the dx168 boxes for an ar2412 with ar84, then you can also connect the me system to the stagebox.

The are enough option, is only depends on money i’am afraid.

Richard

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Not sure if this is possible. Maybe someone from A&H could chime in here.
    Couldn’t you get a DXhub, connect the DX168 to a DXlink port, the broadcast SQ to another DXlink port and the FOH mixer to uplink (gigaAce?) port?

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

DXhub hub doesn’t solve the problem.

The cheapist solution is to get a slink card in the broadcast mixer and run the me system from the broadcast console.

The FOH console is then connected to the dx168 boxen and the BOH console, the BOH console is connected to the FOH console and the ME system.

Otherwise talk your dealer if he can make you an offer for trading in the 2 dx168 boxes for an gx4816.

The dx2 out of the gx box is also me system out. Under normal circumstanses the gx is 2,5 times a dx168.

Profile photo of Nudgy
    Nudgy
    Participant

oooooooo I like the idea of plugging in the ME-1’s to the broadcast board. We would probably have both boards on our power relay system so we don’t even have to go back there to turn it on! Those Slink cards aren’t that expensive either, the other tech guy keeps making fake fun of me for not getting dante cards haha.

Thanks, Mfk0815 & Showtime!
    -Adam (Nudgy)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.