Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Tagged: 

This topic contains 510 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike G Mike G 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rmccam
    rmccam
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I just bought a Qu-Sub and this is the first time posting. I thought that I’d done my due diligence and bought two USB flash drives that were approved on the list but neither worked for multi-tracking:

• Transcend JetFlash 710s 32GB
    • SanDisk 64GB Cruzer Force Flash Drive

So I guess those can come off the list. I was really trying to find one that was metal so when it was sticking out the front it couldn’t have the connector broken off by accident. No luck yet. Has there been any metal USB flash drives that many people have had success with?

Thanks!

Profile photo of Dancing Brook
    Dancing Brook
    Participant

It would really help if A & H would make the spreadsheet sortable again.

There are 4 listings of the Transcend JetFlash 710s 32GB, and only one is listed as working with multitrack (see attached); the one listed as working and tested by A & H has a duplicate listing, completely not working.

There are 2 listings of the SanDisk 64GB Cruzer Force Flash Drive; only one is listed as working and the other completely not (see attached). Neither is tested by A & H.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of rmccam
    rmccam
    Participant

Oh man, no kidding. It not being sortable is such a hassle. Thanks for the info, Dancing Brook.

My search continues…

Dancing Brook
    Participant

You might try the tiny PNY Elite X Fit for <$10 (see attached)
    All three listings of the PNY Elite series is listed as working.

PNY Elite 240 SSD USB 3.0 240 Gb
    PNY Elite Turbo Retract (P-FD32GTRTC-GE) USB 3.0 32 GIG
    PNY Elite X Fit USB 3.0 32GB

I’m also intrigued by the also tiny PNY Elite 240 SSD ~$70 (see attached)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dancing Brook
    Participant

BTW: You can sort if you copy and paste the data into your own spreadsheet, as in here.

Profile photo of rmccam
    rmccam
    Participant

Thank you. Any of those really small ones would be amazing. I just wish there was a reliable way of knowing what will work, short of just buying them and trying them. I’ll try the sorting though and hope for the best, I guess.

Dancing Brook
    Participant

Now I want to try the PNY Elite Fit X 128GB. Amazing what they can pack into such a little thing for ~$35
    I recall buying a monster 100 MB (yes, 100 megabytes) external hard drive for over $1000 for my Mac II (first color capable Mac).

Dancing Brook
    Participant

Given the prices, it’s just worth trying. The monopolist has a 256GB for $50.
    These aren’t all tested but…What are the Best Mini USB 3.0 Drives in 2018?

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

FYI, on my Qu 16 I have successfully tested a SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD 250 GB. Model number SDSSDE60-250GB.
    45 minutes of multitrack recording without a glitch.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

I recently started working at a church, and they have a QU-24 soundboard that I want to add an iPad to for controlling outside of the soundbooth. I got it connected to the network, and visible in the app, but apparently the firmware has never ever been updated on this thing, so the app won’t connect to it.

So, I’m trying to only update the firmware, not do recording (we use a computer with DAW software for that). I have a SanDisk Cruiser Glide 8Gb, which is on the approved USB device list. I put the USB stick in the Qu-Drive slot, and it says the filesystem is unsupported (to be expected). I try to format it in the soundboard, and it sits there for an eternity saying “Formatting…” and eventually stops and says “No USB disk present”. After that it won’t recognize the USB stick at all until I do a hard reset on the soundboard. After the hard reset, it again says that the filesystem is unsupported. So, it doesn’t seem to be able to format my USB stick. I REALLY wish it was either capable of just recognizing multiple filesystems (even if it could only record on one specific filesystem) or even better, be able to transfer firmware files directly over the network from my computer, or over the Internet from the Allen & Heath site directly (Can it do any of that?!). But I digress…

Any suggestions? I would rather not have to go buy another USB stick (not knowing if it also might not work) just to update firmware. Thanks!

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Reformat the USB stick using your computer first, then try it on your Qu.

Profile photo of cafewalter
    cafewalter
    Participant

Mike, sounds like you’re experiencing exactly the same thing I did with my Qu16. Airickess’ suggestion did not help me. Neither did hours on the phone with A&H tech support help. Bottom line is, and even A&H support admit this on the phone, there is no *reliable* solution to getting USB devices to work in the Qu16 USB port. Some people get lucky; others don’t. It appears to be pretty random. I’m getting a little bit tired of the lucky ones telling the rest of us that there’s no problem :-/

Anyway, while it won’t help you with audio recording, what I found was that *old, small* USB drives worked okay for firmware. I was able to find an old 512MB thumb drive that the Qu16 would recognize, and I used that drive to upgrade the firmware and then to back up all the mixer settings.

Profile photo of joethehat
    joethehat
    Participant

No Forum for this, but can anyone help with advise on external drives for the ICE 16. I would like to have 16 track 48k/24bit recording, but I’m finding it difficult to find out what exactly is compatible.

Profile photo of BBEgo
    BBEgo
    Participant

I have an amazing 256gB flash drive that records in multitrack on my QU-16 beautifully.
    It is the SanDisk SDCZ880-256G-G46 Extreme PRO 256GB USB 3.1

No glitches, no problems. Plenty of space.
    This one crushes it.

Profile photo of joethehat
    joethehat
    Participant

Unfortunatley the ICE-16 is USB2, so only 400ms transfer rate, but it can support firewire at 800ms. So I’m looking for a firewire 800 drive that is compatible. I have had some good advice on this already from a forum monitor who was kind enough to help, but if anyone out there is using the ICE-16 for 24bit/48k, 16 track recordings, then please do let me know what drive you are using.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 511 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.