ZED 6 power supply issue

Forums Forums Other A&H products ZED 6 power supply issue

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ANH ANH 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of simi
    simi
    Participant

ZED 6 is nice compact mixer, but its switching power supply contains few design flaws. These results in psu fail after not so long runtime. If somebody has this problem, I can share solution.

Profile photo of bjornvla
    bjornvla
    Participant

Hello,

I got a zed-6 which i use on my desk to control different inputs.
    it has never been outside and all of sudden it doesn’t turn on anymore.
    i think i have the power supply issue.
    do you think you can help me?

Thanks

Bjorn

Profile photo of Pete Alcock
    Pete Alcock
    Participant

Hi Simi,

You say you have a solution to the SMPS problem. Might you be able to share it with me? I’ve seen a couple of small ZED mixers with failed SMPS now.

Many thanks,

Pete.

Profile photo of jimbob
    jimbob
    Participant

Ive had 4 of these mixers die now, would love to know what the fix is please!

Profile photo of pedromrquez
    pedromrquez
    Participant

Still no answers on this chat. I hope Simi could answer us someday. Isn’t the point of a forum to help each other with knowledge and experience?
    Did you guys take it for repair, or change the PSU yourselves? wondering if someone did eventually solve the problem. I have a ZEDi8 but I believe they share the same PSU.
    Thanks!

Profile photo of ANH
    ANH
    Participant

I am just in the process of repairing a Zedi-8 mixer with a bad power supply. Diode D7 is shorted. The same fault is mentioned here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/smps-repair-allen-and-heath-6-channel-mixer/ See schematic for location. Diode is an SB1100

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of pedromrquez
    pedromrquez
    Participant

ANH, Thank you!
    That’s the spirit! This is extremely helpful. I’ve done some soldering in the past so might give this a go.
    Thanks a lot,
    P.

Profile photo of ANH
    ANH
    Participant

No problem! You might need to use SR1100 as a replacement, I think it’s easier to find. You might like to check the 7912 -12v regulator is not shorted. Mine seems ok. I will change both SB1100 diodes for new in case they were a bad run, and I think SR1100 is slightly better rated. Let me know if you need any help at all 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.