QU Chrome edition

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU Chrome edition

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ljefe ljefe 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

Just posted on Facebook:

Qu Chrome is a major update to Allen & Heath’s Qu series of compact digital mixers, adding the crucial new features of Automatic Mic Mixing, audio spectrogram, additional monitor mixes, and new functionality in the Qu-Pad app.

All new Qu-16, Qu-24 and Qu-32 models will also feature the same high contrast metallic finish rotary controls and fader caps as the premium GLD Chrome series, providing optimal visibility in low lighting scenarios and enhanced tactile control.

Qu Series

Looks like a nice set of new features. I assume the chrome edition is similar to GLD’s recent software/cosmetic update. A&H, will these features benefit current QU users via a firmware update?

Also, where can we find release notes? Is the firmware already available?Curious how many mixes will be added.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

The video shows 4 mono and 7 stereo mixes.

Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

Will the Spectrograph or Auto Mic Mixing be available to the existing QU series in a firmware update? I bought the QU PAC earlier this year and it would be great if this has those features added!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

They look like part of 1.8

dickiefunk
    Participant

Where did you read about 1.8?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas
    Profile photo of ljefe
    ljefe
    Participant

Spectrograph is much appreciated. Looking forward to 1.8.
    Thanks A & H.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

This is very exciting news! Now I know I made the right choice in consoles.

Profile photo of Hawk
    Hawk
    Participant

I wish they can put the Spectrograph or RTA over the EQ

dickiefunk
    Participant

Thanks for the link to v1.8 announcement! This looks like another excellent update!! One thing mentioned in the announcement is that the QU-PAC’s monitor sends will be increased to 11 (4 mono and 7 stereo)! I’m a little confused as to how we will be able to send these as there are only 10 mix outputs on the back of the QU-PAC (4 mono and 3 stereo)??

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I figure it is through stageboxes since the back panels are limited on real estate for connectors.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yeh! Finally a monitor mixer at this level!
    I have been looking around for some chrome knobs.
    Briliant…

ANd Am I correct to beleive the firmware will be the same for existing QU hunters and collectors?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I assumed that the sacrificed group out’s would be used.

The extra mixes are obtained in the video by switching a group between group and mix mode…

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi all,

I can confirm that V1.8 will be available to ALL Qu users. It just happens to coincide with the launch of Qu Chrome.
    In V1.8 you can switch any Stereo Group to ‘Mix Mode’ i.e. variable sends for monitor use, hence the extra monitor capability.
    We hope to release V1.8 in a couple of weeks and will detail new features and Release Notes nearer the time.

Nic

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Main question is whether the RTA spectrogram can be show under (and aligned with) the PEQ on the desk/iPad…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.