Multi Select

This topic contains 19 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of doctor_sound
    doctor_sound
    Participant

Hi folks,

I’m working most of my time with classical orchestras and big corporate Events (80+ Inputs). I’m very happy with my DLIVE S-Class :).
    In the workflow I hardly miss the ‘Multi Select Feature’ (i.e. LAWO, Stagetech). It’s a very helpful thing if you have to edit some or many channels with the same parameters (i.e. HPF, EQ, Gain…). In my opinion, it’s not the biggest challenge for the programmers to implement this top-class feature in the workflow.

I’d like to have this feature by press and hold the SEL-Key from the first channel and then press the last channel SEL-Key for the channelblock. Now all parameter changes working for all these channels. By pressing another SEL-Key you can disable the multiselect and work on single channels.

Florian

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Agreed that would be a useful feature for orchestral work, sadly that is the exception not the rule so can’t see it happening anytime soon.☹️

Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

I also want this feature.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

maybe something like a “Quick Gang”
    with an User Key to add channels to the Gang

Profile photo of Jgrift
    Jgrift
    Participant

This is something I use on Yamaha PM10/PM7 all the time and its awesome. Yes I understand different cost point. But A&H already has the best, fastest work flow. This would just push the desk that much further. Maybe even an All button (like Digico does it would work) for editing banks of channel parameters. This in conjunction with DCA spills is a fast way of working.

Profile photo of JS-Sound
    JS-Sound
    Participant

Yes, would be a good feature!

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I’d like to join you here, too.

I think the idea of pressing two SEL buttons is good and easy. To recognize the function the SEL buttons of the selected channels could blink slowly. I think that would be important.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Should select buttons on an IP8 be treating differently?

SteffenR
    Participant

Should select buttons on an IP8 be treating differently?

no

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

They could basically just copy Soundcraft Vi on this. Vi has its faults, but this specific feature is pretty much implemented perfectly.

SteffenR
    Participant

They could basically just copy Soundcraft Vi on this. Vi has its faults, but this specific feature is pretty much implemented perfectly.

but the Souncraft Vi has hardware to support that funktion. we don’t have hardware like this on the dLive
    so we have to find a workaround to handle these

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

On Vi you just hold down the select buttons to select a range. This works for copy/pase, saving to/loading from library, and gang selection. There is a ‘gang’ button for ganging, but that could just be a user button. No biggie.

SteffenR
    Participant

I was referring to the blue gang button and the blue select…

if we get a user button for multiple selects how do we handle the workflow?

holding the user button and pressing select would add channels to the “GANG” and then?
    what to do to get out of the gang?
    something in the screen?

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

no, a softkey with the function “gang” and the SEL buttons are sufficient to select the desired range.
    So first press the “gear” softkey, then two SEL keys to mark the channels.
    then the SEL buttons flash.
    To end the action, simply press the “gang” softkey again.

SteffenR
    Participant

to remember… we have no fixed layout
    so this is not possible on the dLive

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.