Local Output Pre-Fader

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Local Output Pre-Fader

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Geoff Geoff 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bill-NC
    Bill-NC
    Participant

It’s the middle of the night here, put in an SQ-6 this evening and it all works well. I was testing everything and I can’t remember if I got what I intended to our IEM. We have the Behringer PM-16 IEM system. To feed that, I patched local out 1-10 to the channels designated for the IEM system (singers/musicians) and used XLR to TRS cables to physically connect to the Behringer rack unit inputs.

I got audio as expected in headphones at the stage IEM boxes, but what I don’t remember is if the fader affected the level in ears. I do recall mute affecting it (I think).

So here I am going over it in my mind instead of sleeping. I won’t be able to get back to the church until after work and just before the first band practice with the SQ in place. While not the end of the world, it would be nice to have it sorted before everyone shows up.

Local Outs 1-10 -> XLR-TRS to Behringer
    Local Outs 11/12 to Main gear (dbx rack)
    Local Outs A -> ATEM for stream
    Slink -> DX168 for stage inputs
    Local Ins – misc things up in the booth

If local out 1-10 are post fader, can I make them pre-fader? I don’t want fader changes for main out reasons to be messing with levels in the bands ears.

And now I’ll try to go back to sleep….

Profile photo of Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

Direct out pick-off point is set on the routing page. It’s global, but that shouldn’t matter for this application. There are quite a lot of options, but all channels will be the same.

Geoff

Profile photo of Bill-NC
    Bill-NC
    Participant

Thank you. Does the attached pic mean pre fader for everything being sent to this aux?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

No. Geoff wrote about “Direct Out” – not “Aux Send”.
    (See the image and page 39 of your manual.)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

I made the ASSumption that you were sending individual channels to the IEM system, but perhaps this is not the case, and you are sending stems (pre-mixed inputs) instead.

If you want to feed the IEM system from AUXes, what you’ve shown will ensure the feeds to the AUXes from each channel are Pre FADE. The master fader for the AUX will adjust the overall level to the local outputs, but you wouldn’t normally be moving them when mixing.

Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.