Multichannel playback from iPad via USB

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Multichannel playback from iPad via USB

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of DaveNJ DaveNJ 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DaveNJ
    DaveNJ
    Participant

Looking to save a few of the XLR inputs on the CQ18-T by sending a few channels of audio from my iPad. A few questions with this:

1. Connection – my iPad is USB-C – do I just need a USB-C to USB-B cable or will I need some sort of a converter/hub?
    2. If I bring in three channels of audio, will those channels be available to the band to include in their personal mixes (via the Aux outputs?)
    3. Is streaming multi-track audio over Bluetooth a possibility?

Are there any good videos or extra docs you can provide on USB audio?

Thanks!

Dave

Profile photo of DaveNJ
    DaveNJ
    Participant

Ok, so I’ve been doing a little additional research here on my side (just ordered the CQ18-T, so I’ll try it all out this week when it arrives) and it looks like I should be able to:

1. Connect my iPad (or M2 MacBook) via USB B
    2. Set the CQ channels for each of the three mono tracks in Logic or another DAW
    3. On the CQ, set the three mixer inputs I want to use to be USB (as opposed to Analog)

The one thing I just need to ensure is that I can do this with three mono tracks – if anyone knows and can confirm I’d appreciate it!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.