iDR32 PSU query

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting iDR32 PSU query

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of chads chads 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of chads
    chads
    Participant

[aside, thanks for the various ‘white screen of death’ answers on the forum, just sorted out the CMOS battery on my T-80]

Shifting my iDR32 around I heard something fairly heavy rattling around inside. Never a good sign.

Opened it up and found a loose choke. Looks like it came from position L7 on the PSU board.

Some years ago the phantom power failed across the board. I found workarounds which became permanent as these things often do and the board is working fine with no other problems.

Is the L7 choke likely to be the source of my phantom power issue? – I don’t really want to mess about too much when things are working well enough otherwise.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of chads
    chads
    Participant

Oops! L8, not L7

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I don’t know if it will fix your issue or not, but I will say that manufacturers rarely add unneeded and useless parts to their devices. The fact that it is missing/disconnected is surely going to cause some problem.

Profile photo of chads
    chads
    Participant

Yeah, just trying to figure out whether it’s the cause of the problem that I know about. I think chokes are usually used in series with the output, in which case if this is for the 48V phantom circuit it would explain why that is out but the rest is working fine. I haven’t been able to find a PSU circuit diagram to check

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.