HPF and LPF in LR and Monitor outs

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions HPF and LPF in LR and Monitor outs

This topic contains 26 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

I can think of at least four ways to do it.

Why is this a feature request?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

If you’re not using the “Alt Out” for anything else, sent L&R to that and use its own volume control.

Profile photo of BRS
    BRS
    Participant

Just a comment to vote this up again!

Profile photo of GaryW
    GaryW
    Participant

+1 HPF
    +1 LPF

Profile photo of jim
    jim
    Participant

+1 on HP on outs. I’d even give up band of PEQ to do so.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

+1 on HP on outs. I’d even give up band of PEQ to do so.

No reason for that. HP is a trivial computation, with well-established code. The CPU can certainly handle it. There’s even the dead graphic space on the display for those channels, and dedicated hardware controls. A&H could implement this whenever they felt like it. I find it utterly bizarre that they left HP out of SQ, as well. I continue to hope that A&H will come through.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

There is absolutely NO reason why this has been ignored so long. After so many requests on QU I just expected it on the SQ. Not. Crazy.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I agree, a quick to grab high pass filter on the outputs can be very handy, most certainly on monitor mixes. For me I can walk over the system DSP’s and dial up what ever high pass is needed at the time for monitors, front fills, delay fills, ect. Still would be handy to stand in the zone and do it from the mix control.

I will say that people who do use a mixers high pass and low pass output filters as a system crossover/processor are asking for trouble that will hit at the very wrong time, like a bunch blow high frequency drivers right before the show is going to start.

Odd that the SQ does not have HP output filters, I did not know that.

nottooloud
    Participant

For me I can walk over the system DSP’s and dial up what ever high pass is needed at the time

Downstage monitors and front fills come off the downstage AR2412. Drum wedge comes off the upstage AB168. Balcony fills come off the desk. Where do I put my system processor?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Downstage monitors and front fills come off the downstage AR2412. Drum wedge comes off the upstage AB168. Balcony fills come off the desk. Where do I put my system processor?

If your using self powered wedges that would be kind of tricky short of bringing the drive lines back to a rack with the DSP’s in it.

For me my wedges are passive bi-amped so the DSP’s are in the monitor racks with the amps near the mixer and stage boxes.

I have the QU Pac for what it’s worth.

Profile photo of LeGingy
    LeGingy
    Participant

I posted something like this during last year and still think it’s a brilliant idea to have.
    If you compare this topic to what you get on other desk (Yamaha tf for example), you can either change the low band on the PEQ to a HPF or shelf or band, this plus you have a dedicated sub output that you can take from any mix preferable…
    Surely it wouldn’t take much to have a bit more processing power on the QU range…

nottooloud
    Participant

I’ve come to consider this more a bug report than a feature request.
    There is a dedicated knob and switch that stops working when you select an output.
    Please enable the HPF on outputs.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.