Firmware V1.9 ETA?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Firmware V1.9 ETA?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 117 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lufferov
    Lufferov
    Participant

Does anyone know a rough timescale on the release of V1.9 for dLive? I’m considering purchasing a GX4816 to expand my CDM48, but compatibility is coming with V1.9. Are we talking a few weeks, couple of months, a year? I have money in my budget to get one at the moment but that money may be gone by the time v1.9 is released… so wondering how long it will be sat gathering dust for before I can actually use it?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

first delivery of GX4816 is planned for September
    so no new firmware until September I guess

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

On the US side there are quite a few posts/pictures already of GX4816’s with SQ consoles, so it’s available for delivery here.

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

@lufferov

We are aiming for an Autumn release of 1.90, but unfortunately I can’t be any more specific at the current time.

Hope that helps!

Ben

Profile photo of Lufferov
    Lufferov
    Participant

Thanks Ben, that’s great, I wasn’t looking for specific time/date for release. Just the general roadmap for the release schedule, so Autumn gives me some idea.

I’ve already placed the order now and been given a lead-time so we will be able to use it with our SQ5s fairly soon hopefully. The dLive will have to wait a little longer. I would have volunteered to beta test new firmware, but we can’t afford to run it on our main desk… it’s show critical and too risky!

Profile photo of BassHead
    BassHead
    Participant

I just received a new GX4816. I would like to use it with the DLive as soon as possible. Using with our SQ for now. Hope v1.9 comes out sooner!

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

@basshead

I’m afraid it won’t be out any earlier than Autumn!

Profile photo of Espen
    Espen
    Participant

Any news here?

SteffenR
    Participant

no news since, maybe @ben or @nicola could chime in… 😉

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Development of V1.9 is ongoing. It’s fair to say the global situation reduced the pressure for a timely release and we decided to extend development beyond the original scope (i.e. add more features) and release later in the year. We currently don’t have a firm ETA but I would guess June at this stage.

SteffenR
    Participant

but last major release was over a year ago !

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

That’s the difference between a flagship and a cockleshell…

Sorry, couldn’t resist 🤷‍♂️

Profile photo of Zistan
    Zistan
    Participant

@nicola please, make it possible to patch stereo channels on a mixrack not only odd/even, but even/odd. Otherwise, you have to skip physical inputs on the mixrack and may be missed at the end 🙏🏻

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

@nicola please, make it possible to patch stereo channels on a mixrack not only odd/even, but even/odd. Otherwise, you have to skip physical inputs on the mixrack and may be missed at the end 🙏🏻

+1. Being able to pair non-adjacent inputs would be nice, too.

Profile photo of JS-Sound
    JS-Sound
    Participant

Development of V1.9 is ongoing. It’s fair to say the global situation reduced the pressure for a timely release and we decided to extend development beyond the original scope (i.e. add more features) and release later in the year. We currently don’t have a firm ETA but I would guess June at this stage.

@nicola, any update on a V1.9?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.