External router with CQ-20B

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions External router with CQ-20B

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bsic
    bsic
    Participant

How do you set up up an external router to use with the CQ-20B?

I tried connecting to the LAN port of my router that I used with a previous mixer from another manufacturer– but my tablet isn’t able to see the mixer in the MixPad app.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Did you set the CQ-20B’s LAN IP address to either be part of the same subnet as your router, or use DHCP?

Profile photo of bsic
    bsic
    Participant

I’m using dhcp yes. Router sees no wired clients connected.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I’m not currently in front of a mixer, but I think you have to specifically “enable” the LAN connection in setup.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

While I haven’t used a CQ console yet, I assume that they come with the built in wireless (and therefore a DHCP server) turned on by default. You will likely have to turn this off in order to have the console search out a DHCP server elsewhere on the network instead of using the built in server.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I haven’t actually tested it yet, but it looks like it toggles between WiFi and LAN. Toggling to LAN very likely disables DHCP server, and probably disables the radio as well.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@scott is correct – the network connection for the CQ-20B and CQ-18T is either via WiFi Access Point or Ethernet, but not both at the same time.

There’s a section in the User Guide that explains it in more detail here – https://www.allen-heath.com/media/CQ_User_Guide_V1_1_0_iss1.pdf#page=16&zoom=auto,-301,573

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.