DX32-style Enclosure with Dante?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions DX32-style Enclosure with Dante?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tourtelot tourtelot 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Keith?

I would buy one and 4x Prime input strips.

D.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

You might want to checkout the MSRP of Prime Input strips and the DX32: MSRP for four inputs and the DX32 exceeds $11,000. I recently purchased a DX32 and two Prime strips: one pre & one output. The Sonic quality improvement is everything I was expecting and more, however if we have learned nothing else from our respective gear journeys is the fact that cutting edge technology comes at a price: A few of us will be buyers regardless of the packaged expense, but most of us will not.
    Hugh

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

I am aware of the costs. I have, presently, three Dante enabled Grace m108 preamps. I only record classical content and I am looking for 8 more high-end preamps. Another Grace? Perhaps. The new Millenia HV-316 preamp (it’s 16-channel)? Perhaps. Stay happy with the DT168 because, being at the “tail end” of my inputs, it’s is quite good enough as is? Maybe.

The whole Prime concept seems really great to me and being an A&H fanboy, I would like to hear the Prime preamps. But if they are not Dante enabled and remote controllable, I have no use for them.

Just me thinking out loud.

D.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.