CQ20-B ALT Outputs A-B and Headphone Output Monitor Mixes?

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions CQ20-B ALT Outputs A-B and Headphone Output Monitor Mixes?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Equinor Equinor 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Equinor
    Equinor
    Participant

Hi All,

Some background: 8 piece band moving to iems instead of floor monitors. Currently using Outputs 1-6 for 6 of the iem mixes. As for the remaining 2 iem mixes – Hoping for some advice/clarification. On the CQ20-B, can I send one of the monitor mixes from Outputs 1-6 to Alt Outputs A or B and/or the Headphone Output to use as monitor mixes? If so, I assume the Alt Outs/Headphones will get a straight copy of the mix from the sending Output (for example, Output 1). Is this correct? If so, can the person listening on Alt Out A/B or Headphones use the CQ4You app to control their monitor levels separate from the person using the Output feeding to Alt Out A/B or Headphones?

Thanks in advance for your advice/help.

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

1) You can send any of the mixes (1-6, Main L, Main R) to Alt out A or B but do not get a separate overall master volume control of that output; it is tied to the volume of whatever it is getting the signal from (i.e. Say, overall level of Out1)
    2) There is a maximum number of users who can be connected to the CQ at any one time using CQ-MixPad and/or CQ4You. I can’t remember what it is but you may exceed it with 8 CQ4You users and a CQ-MixPad user.
    3) Even if you send one of the mixes to Alt A or B, it’s still only one mix. So, lets say you are sending Out 1 to both Out1 jack and Alt A, and have two users trying to mess with the mix on Out 1; they will be stepping on each other.
    4) You can send one of the mixes to the headphone output, and will have an overall volume control for it, but it’s still one mix (so, again, stepping on each other if trying to make changes in CQ4You).

Since you cannot exceed the six overall mixes, this really comes down to whether more than one person can satisfactorily share a mix. If so, your easiest option will be to let one person control it with CQ4You and just use a headphone amp with individual physical volume controls so that each has control of their overall volume.

Profile photo of Equinor
    Equinor
    Participant

Thanks for the reply! Looks like we’ll be sharing two of the monitor mixes. Shouldn’t be a problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.