Altering matrix source levels

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Altering matrix source levels

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DaPo DaPo 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DaPo
    DaPo
    Participant

Hi, I want to alter the relative levels of the mixes feeding a matrix on the SQ-5.
    I imagined that I could push the black areas like the one marked “source level” on the diagram from the reference manual
    (8.6 Matrices p 43, Send Levels and Assignments Screen).
    But I don’t seem to be able to do this. Is it read only? Or are there preconditions to enable this?
    On our old analogue mixer, we could just turn a knob for each of the possible source mixes (left/right paired).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of DaPo
    DaPo
    Participant

I realised my problem. I had been reaching for the Gain knob (top left) instead of the ‘touchscreen rotary’ which is to the bottom right of the touchscreen. The window turns to yellow when touched, and the relevant knob then also glows yellow, so I suppose that’s a clue. (There is, of course, a bloom of coloured lights when you push the level window.)

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Maybe you should read the quick start guide first.
    The function of the screen encoder is mentioned there.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of DaPo
    DaPo
    Participant

Sad to say I’d actually seen that, thought it was good, and even laminated it for other users! Kind of *recognised* the function as something I’d seen. I didn’t recall it when needed, and I was too lacking in cool to reschool myself. Funny that they call it an “encoder” there – elsewhere it seems to be just the touchscreen rotary.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.