Complete channel reset

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Complete channel reset

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

a full channel reset including all sends (Aux and Main), Pannings, Channel Names and Color…… would be fine

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

reset button…
    reset + select defaults the processing
    reset + mix defaults the routing
    reset + Fader up resets the fader at 0dB
    reset + Fader down resets the fader to lowest value

What are default colors and default names?

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

there is also the possibility to load completely zeroed scenes. 😉

and with the recall filter you can also select which areas should not be recalled.

I don’t see any real need for a complete reset for individual channels, personally it’s okay for me if the channel names are not overwritten when I reset a channel.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

What are default colors and default names?

Green for inputs and the input number as name, as it is hen loading a default scene.

reset button…

Too much operations/gestures for one simple task.

there is also the possibility to load completely zeroed scenes. 😉
    and with the recall filter you can also select which areas should not be recalled.

Same as above.
    For me is ‘reset channel’ a complete reset not judt a partial reset. Its fine to have the option to reset partial parameters of a channel but a full ‘go back to start’ should be easily possible. Of course there are always ways to solve the task but defining a workaround as the preffered way….. hmm.

Wolfgang
    Participant

OK, such a reset solution would in fact be the simpler solution.

in the course of time I have adapted my way of working to the logic of the console – so that I don’t miss it.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Yeah, once there is a ‘rule of thumb’ to do a particular task no other way is required. I come mainly from the lower range of mixing desks, although I worked for band mixing jobs also with the dLive here and there. But now I got my own and during learning to work with it I not only am overwhelmed by the new possibilities, instead I see also some missing features available for some budget mixers.
    Nevertheless it is a great product, even we can help A&H to make it better.

SteffenR
    Participant

ok… if we talk about this, we have to talk about reset the Pan and some other things

So, how should the Channel Total Reset and the others be implemented?

I would like to suggest it liked this (comments appreciated)

reset button… (this would/should be valid for Copy/Paste as well)
    reset + Name field in the upper left corner resets it to default name
    reset + Mix + Select resets the complete channel to it’s defaults including Colour and Name

I have no idea for the colour alone…

what’s not implemented for CPR is Delay, Sidechain of Compressor, Ganging, FX, AMM, Inserts, single Routings (like send levels , pre/post)
    some of these would make more sense if we can have a multi select and then apply the paste or reset,
    and some of these are questionable to me…

Wolfgang
    Participant

reset + Mix + Select resets the complete channel to it’s defaults including Colour and Name

oh yes, that would be a good idea.

SteffenR
    Participant

I would appreciate some comments from A&H… Ben?

Does anybody have an idea how we could like to reset the channel color in a quick way?
    Is it really needed?

Profile photo of alex.abel
    alex.abel
    Participant

Great ideas!

Furthermore I would like to have something like a personal preset for resetting channels. For example my personal default for the width of the EQ filters or attack and release time of the compressor are different from dLive default settings. It would be great to set my personal defaults for resetting channels. At the moment I always have to recall library settings after resetting a channel or mix.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hello Steffen,
    Great ideas, for me Reset+ Name-Field can reset name and color together.

I also can see action for a custom function key to load a certain channel preset from the library to the current selected channel. But his would probably only work for the input channels but not for the other channel types….

You wrote also
    “what’s not implemented for CPR is Delay, Sidechain of Compressor, Ganging, FX, AMM, Inserts, single Routings (like send levels , pre/post)
    some of these would make more sense if we can have a multi select and then apply the paste or reset,”

This brings me to another idea. It would be nice to copy a range of channels to another range of channels. Possible use casefor that: I am starting to setup the Mixer for a band starting from input channel 1. I set up the inputs, the naming, the color some processing for the channels, insert DEEP processing stuff and so on, for each of the channels of the band. All these channels (maybe 30 or more) should be used for the FOH mix. Then I want a copy of that channels, starting from channel 65, which should then be used as Source for the monitor mixes. At the moment I have to setup each monitor mix channel one by one again. And at the moment I don’t know a way to copy the settings from the FOH mix channels to the monitor mix channels. Probably there is a trick using scenes or something else, but I don’t see it.

Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant

It’s more operations, but you can reset name and/or colour to default values from the MixRack / Config / Name&Colour screen, for a single channel or for a range of channels.

Wolfgang
    Participant

of course there is also this possibility.
    but the idea of Mkf0815 is just to be able to do a complete reset per channel. that doesn’t exist (yet).

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

@steffenromeiss

Some good ideas, particularly like this:

Reset + Mix + Select resets the complete channel to it’s defaults including Colour and Name

I will add some of these reset suggestions to the feature request list!

SteffenR
    Participant

maybe we can get preference what is the default for some parameters

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.