Wifi client mode on CQ18T

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions Wifi client mode on CQ18T

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gabo gabo 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of evellin44
    evellin44
    Participant

Hi,

It would be great if it was possible to configure the Wifi on CQ18T on client mode to connect it to an existing network like in ethernet mode πŸ™‚

Profile photo of Highflyer1953
    Highflyer1953
    Participant

Why? What do you gain, that can’t be better served by Ethernet connection?

Profile photo of evellin44
    evellin44
    Participant

I agree that Ethernet connection is better but in some case it is easier to access to a wifi network (For example in my home studio πŸ™‚

Profile photo of gabo
    gabo
    Participant

I agree it would be nice. When my phone is connected to the wifi, I lose internet connection on my phone.

Would be nice to connect the CQ18 to my home wifi, then my phone could access CQ Mixpad and the internet and I wouldn’t have to switch wifi connections to do things.

I don’t have any conveniently located hard wired ethernet to plug the CQ into and become part of my home network. I did away with all my hardwired ethernet connections long ago and use wifi for everything. The only hardwired connection I have is on my internet router, which is in a different room behind the entertainment center.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.