Using Audio Rack with the SQ

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Using Audio Rack with the SQ

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

When using an Audio Rack, such as the AB168, with the SQ, is it an either/or configuration?

That is … does the Audio Rack replace using all of the local mic inputs … or … can you use some from the Audio Rack and some from the local mic inputs on the back of the SQ? i.e. – 1-8 local and 9-16 from the Audio Rack. (similar to the blocks of 8 I/O on the X32 series)

Or … something like keep 1-16 local and use the Audio Rack for 17-24 ?

Hoping to see SQ documentation soon ! ☺

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

I don’t think anyone not from A&H will be able to confirm without seeing the documentation (unless it was mentioned in the Webinar, idk, I missed it,) but given that it’s a 48 channels console with potentially only 16x local preamps (SQ5,) and how the audio racks work with GLD\Qu, my guess is that it’ll be even more flexible than the X32 series: you’ll be able to use a mixture of local and remote preamps, AND there won’t be any “blocks-of-8” limitation like there is with the X32.

Profile photo of nzsimon
    nzsimon
    Participant

Yes you can mix and match local and remote I\O as you can with QU presently

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

Sweet … that is a most excellent feature !

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

it has an input and output patchbay

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I do this all the time. Use local for wireless units or depending on stage wiring locations I may use existing copper lines to save customer money if they are already fitted in floor pockets. Then a stage box in a different location. Maybe run new copper lines from it to new wall or pocket locations or feed power amps or powered speakers. It’s completely selectabable in the source screen and I/O patch screens.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.