Using an AB168 with AR2412 and GLD

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Using an AB168 with AR2412 and GLD

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mrvoltz Mrvoltz 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of canary
    canary
    Participant

Hi Everyone. Today I saw a lad using a GLD 80 with the usual AR2412, but he also an AB168 daisy chained to the AR2412. I was always led to believe you could only use an AR84 to expand the system. Does this 168 expansion work and is it recommended by A&H?
    Thanks
    Logic

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Yes, this kind of expansion works, but if I recall correctly you can use only 32 in an 16 out total on that branch.

ddff

Profile photo of beartech
    beartech
    Participant

I have a GLD-112 with the 2412, the 168 is connected to it near the stage AND have an 84 in the booth. Works perfectly fine and is supported by A&H.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

It is a perfect combination, you can use 40 in and 20 out with only 1 cat5 cable.

On the expander port of the gld you can also use the ar84, so you have 48 input’s and 24 outputs remote.

@ddff_lv Your inccoreect.

Richard

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

It’s fully supported, and I believe that happened with firmware 1.5 when the Chrome edition was first released.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I’ve done it. Works.

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

We use this setup every week, the original manual only mentioned the 84 because they didn’t have the AB168. The chrome edition manual lists either as options as it was written after the 168 came out and the firmware updated.
    As stated the total number of inputs does not increase but if you are not using all at the board or desk expander etc they can be routed anywhere there is an extra port.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.