The network stops when using Bitfocus Companion.

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions The network stops when using Bitfocus Companion.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of junodite junodite 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of junodite
    junodite
    Participant

Two SQ7s were connected using Bitfocus Companion.
    After a certain period of time, the network of one SQ7 stops and you cannot connect to the SQ4You app.
    At this time, rebooting the problematic SQ7 solves the problem, but after a certain period of time, the problem occurs again.
    Have you ever encountered or solved this problem?
    This is definitely not a problem with the SQ7’s network settings.
    I never experienced this problem before using Companion.
    When this problem occurs, there is no solution other than rebooting the SQ7.
    I also tried setting up DHCP and disabling SQ7 in Companion.
    I also checked the IP, but there is no IP conflict.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@junodite

Each SQ can only have one active network MIDI connection (as used by the Companion module) at any time.
    So the first thing I’d recommend checking is that you don’t have A&H MIDI Control running anywhere, or any other instances of Companion that may be trying to use the same connection.
    Following that, check that nothing else on the network is sending the SQ network messages and that there are no possible network feedback loops.

If neither of these things point to the problem, please contact us directly through support.allen-heath.com with more details on the system setup and any other applications you have running so we can investigate further.

Thanks!
    Keith.

Profile photo of junodite
    junodite
    Participant

First of all, thank you very much for your reply.
    Could it be a problem if I connect to Companion from one computer and I’m using SQ MIXPAD for Windows on that computer?
    Or, if you try to connect from the iPad to the SQ while the Companion is connected, will the loopback you mentioned occur?
    The devices currently connected to SQ are Companion and the SQ MixPad program on Windows PC. And the SQ MixPad app for Android phones and the SQ MixPad app for iPad.
    Thank you again for your interest in my problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.