Gang feature

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Gang feature

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SQuser SQuser 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WPCtech
    WPCtech
    Participant

I have used the gang feature to link two faders for the same instrument (ie: piano left & right). I selected a fader gang attribute so when I move the Piano Left fader, the Piano Right fader tracks along with it. My question is when I select an FX for the piano left channel why doesn’t the piano right channel not track together like it did on the FOH mix layer. If you want an FX on both left & right channels of the piano then you have to move both channel faders independently. Strange. Why don’t they both track together no matter what layer or process is selected.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

You can set which functions are included in a gang.

Profile photo of WPCtech
    WPCtech
    Participant

Yes I know that you can use certain attributes to assign in the gang, but I don’t understand why they never included FX as one of those attributes. There’s even a blank space for it to go on the SQ Mixpad software (see attached pic). Maybe a future release of the firmware might correct this issue.

Thanks for replying, appreciate it!

Wayne

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

Use the “Routing” attribute to “gang” all your sends – including those to the FX.
    If you don’t want to handle the two channels separately, e.g. different EQ settings, using a stereo input would probably be easier.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.