Lake Controller over DM0 Network Port

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Lake Controller over DM0 Network Port

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mixic
    Mixic
    Participant

Hello everyone,

following problem/idea:
    Cause im lazy i tried to connect my Windows Surface (on which my Lake controller is running) over the DLive Network Port.

The Routing:
    Lake LM44 –> Network Switch –> DM0 Networkport “In” —> cTi1500 Networkport “Out” —> Windows Surface.
    Everything has is own Manual IP.

And it works fine. For Maybe 5-15mins. And than it looses the connection and i have to restart my Surface to make it work again.

My Question: Does the DLive Networkport have a Sleep mode or something like that? Or is the idea not very smart anyways? Or am I missing something?

Thank you!
    Best regards
    Mario

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mario,

Is it the Lake software that looses connection to the LM44, or does the dLive Surface drop connection to the MixRack?
    There is no sleep mode for third party data and your use case is intended operation.
    If you want to reach out to our Support team for assistance, visit support.allen-heath.com

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

You should not connect both the surface and the mixrack to the same network at the same time. This will cause issues like you are seeing. Any needed data transmission between the surface and the mixrack is carried by the GigaAce connection, including the network data. It doesn’t matter which device you connect to the network, but only connect one!

Profile photo of Mixic
    Mixic
    Participant

Hi guys! Thanks for your reply!

@nicola The Lake Software looses connection to the LM44. By Surface I ment the Windows Surface PC. That was a bit confusing. Sorry!

@brian I think that’s the thing that confused you too, right?

Best
    Mario

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

But you are connecting both the DM0 and the CTI1500 to the same network using the “network” ports in each device, correct? If you are, then you need to disconnect one of them from the network. When you connect both, it creates a cyclical connection that causes overall network instability. This is because you have connected both devices to the network, yet the CTI1500 surface is also getting the same network data through the GigaAce connection too. Disconnect either the CTI1500 or the DM0 Mixrack from the network and I think you will find the overall network stability improves, even for other devices like the Lake system.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.