Sun glare on surface screen

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Sun glare on surface screen

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Adam G
    Adam G
    Participant

I’m using a c3500 console outside under a pop up tent. The reflection off the tent and sun glare make the screen very hard to see. Does anyone have a professional looking solution to shade the screens on the console?

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

Best solution I have found is black tent canopies and mesh side/rear walls

Profile photo of Adam G
    Adam G
    Participant

Do you notice any temperature difference under a black canopy compared to white?

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

We also use black tents. That’s the easiest solution – and that’s not only for A&H mixers, but basically for everything that has screens…
    Since I don’t like being in my own acoustic space in the tent, I usually leave out all the tent walls.
    This way I also avoid a possible heat problem. Only when it rains do I close the walls. If the sun is very low in the evening, I also sometimes pull in a single wall.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

In the past I also had white tents, there were always problems with the visibility of the screens in the sunshine.

The worst was once on a Soundcraft Vi6, we could no longer see anything in the screens. We had to put black textile in the FOH tent to be able to work at all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.