SQ6 Mixing

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ6 Mixing

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kevo923
    kevo923
    Participant

I created a Live Stream mix for the SQ-6 on our system (I did not set it up and am still learning some things). We have been using the USB-OUT to get the mix from the soundboard into the computer but I have found that when channels are muted, they are not muted on the live stream. What am I doing wrong or what did I do wrong when I created the live stream mix?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

We can not know what you did wrong, since we don’t know what you did.
    There are many ways to do a live stream mix.

What’s your way?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

It sounds like your using a pre fade mix for streaming or taking channel direct
    outs.
    How do you have it configured, maybe post a screen shot of the USB routing screen.

What software are you using to live stream?

Profile photo of kevo923
    kevo923
    Participant

I have the mix setup but I don’t have any USB direct or mix outputs selected. I’m really confused. I can fade and mix the live stream well but it just doesn’t mute which is likely like you said because it’s a prefade or something.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@kevo923

only place I found usb noted in the diagrams seemed to be before the mute could affect it going to usb out

so unless you could send it to usb from an unobvious place in the channel strips
    then you cant mute the usb or parts of it using channel mute buttons

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1337724/Allen-And-Heath-Sq-5.html?page=67#manual

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.