SQ MADI I/O card to FerroFish Pulse 16 MX

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ MADI I/O card to FerroFish Pulse 16 MX

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Riker Riker 1 year ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Riker
    Riker
    Participant

Hello,
    Anyone here using an SQ-6 with the SQ MADI card installed and connected to a Ferrofish Pulse 16 MX ? Looking at purchasing that exact setup and I’m a little unsure as to how it all works out, especially the routing etc.. A few points that I am not clear on:

* Is routing done in the SQ routing matrix ? or does some, all, or none done in the Ferrofish utility?
    * Any latency in tracking through analog preamps / compressors / EQ devices connected to the Ferrofish then sent out to the SQ via MADI ?
    * I’ve seen / heard something about “routing is done with blocks of 8 channels at a time” is that a MADI thing? and is it a problem?
    * Would I get better performance / less latency if I was to purchase a PCIe MADI interface and connect my SQ-6 to that PCIe card instead of the USB 2 ? or does it not matter much, if any ?

very curious to hear if anyone has this type of setup and how it’s working, pros and cons, issues (or not) etc..

Thank you very much !
    Stephane

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.