SQ audio sync -varying configuration

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ audio sync -varying configuration

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scivierjug Scivierjug 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Scivierjug
    Scivierjug
    Participant

Hi all
    I am trying to work out what would happen in the following use cases with varying system configuration.
    Apllication house of worship. Single show file with multiple users for type of event which load default sceans to configure the SQ for the event.
    All inputs and outputs are curreny via dante or SQ local.

Setup consists of SQ with dante feeding PCs running DVS for recording and Streaming. We plan to add a QU to act as an i.e.m monitor desk via the SLink port. This desk will only be used on sunday services. At All other events it will be off.

I understand that for sq and qu to work together the sq needs to be clocked to Slink.
    But what will happen when QU is off? I.e no clock source. Will SQ revert back to internal or flag an error?

The users will not be qualifed to be able to know to change the clock source and I presume this is global and not scene selectable..

Thoughts please

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@scivierjug

But what will happen when QU is off? I.e no clock source. Will SQ revert back to internal or flag an error?

The answer is actually both.
    You will see an error because the currently selected Audio Clock Source cannot be sync’d to, but the SQ will fall back to it’s internal clock and continue to work.

This is indeed considered a system setting though, and not something that could be switched scene by scene.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Scivierjug
    Scivierjug
    Participant

Keith
    Thanks for the response that takes away my worry that we would neednto keep changing the setting. I can live with the error if the SQ still functions as it would now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.