Qu-Drive rec and play

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-Drive rec and play

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of knga
    knga
    Participant

Hello!

I have a question.

1) Is it possible to load hard disk with songs in wav file, and play them when band has a pause? When band is playing, hard disk would be needed for recording. Is that possible? How? Can it be play back on ST3?

Thanks!

Profile photo of knga
    knga
    Participant

Anyone?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi knga,

Yes you can play stereo WAV files (44.1 / 48kHz) from the drive into ST3, then stop the playback and start the recording. Simultaneous Qu-Drive record and playback is not supported. Also consider that when stopping a large multitrack recording the drive will take a while to write the files to disk, i.e. you wouldn’t be able to start stereo playback immediately. Should this be inconvenient for your use, or should you need to fade in / out music whilst starting / stopping a recording, I suggest you use an alternative music source, or a combination of Qu-Drive and USB streaming. For example you can play files from the drive whilst recording to the computer, or play from iTunes / Windows Media Player whilst recording to Qu-Drive.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.