Panning Between Multiple Outputs

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Panning Between Multiple Outputs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lobo Lobo 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jdbrowb9
    Jdbrowb9
    Participant

Hi,

I am running a system for a marching band that has 4 speakers across the front each with its own output. My question is, is there a way I can set up my Avantis console to pan between each speaker instead of it being just left and just right. I currently have 4 mini auxes for each speaker feeding into a stereo matrix that is just patched to each output. However I’d like a more advanced set up that would allow me to pan a source across the front with individual control of each output pan if that makes sense. I currently can’t figure out how I would do this (Or if I even can without more software processing).

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

You could do LCR master bus and send the C out to the two middle speakers…
    Not exactly what you want but might be close enough.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Sounds like Yvo may have the right idea. You could do it with one mono matrix and patch LR to the ext in. Patch outer speakers to LR. Inner speakers to mono matrix. I have a feeling that this is probably not exactly what you are looking for but I am not sure how you would progressively pan from one speaker to the next without additional specialized hardware. An old Yamaha O2R96 I used to run could do it as it had a joystick for panning and up to 5.1 output capability.

Profile photo of Lobo
    Lobo
    Participant

Would be nice in general to have to some multibus paning options like QUAD or 5.1 etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.