outputs

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jim Jim 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jim
    Jim
    Participant

How many outputs can I have with 2-DX168’s? Can I only get eight?

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

You can use all 16, just remember on the I/O screen they are in banks of 16.

1. DX output 1-8

2. DX output 17-24

Profile photo of Jim
    Jim
    Participant

When I get to the outputs on the I/O it says those are not plugged in. You have put that it’s outputs 17-24, wouldn’t it be outputs 9-16? Just wondering if I plugged the DX’s plugged in properly. From board to in A then out B to the A on the second DX, is that correct. I get all 32 imputs without a problem, it’s just the outputs. Can I really get 16 or 14 like on back of my SQ6? The I/O won’t let me use all 16 or 14, just the 8 on the one DX. Am I doing something wrong?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

You have put that it’s outputs 17-24, wouldn’t it be outputs 9-16?

Maybe there could be a reason why @steine is writing this…
    Read the manual!

Am I doing something wrong?

Yes.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

@Jim

Am I doing something wrong?

You do not read enough.
    Here are two documents you have to study when you want to connect your SQ with stageboxes or other mixing consoles:
    https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SLinkConnections_V1_5_0.pdf
    (This will help you to understand all the connections you can make with the build in Slink port as well as when you want to use the optional SLink card, have especially a look on page 5)

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/DX-GX-System-Guide-ISS_4.pdf
    (This will help you how the DX protocol is designed and what you have to consider, page 17 is worth a closer look for you)

Profile photo of Jim
    Jim
    Participant

Thanks for the help! Found what I was looking for as it’s not 9-16 on I/O it’s 17-24. Got it now. Again thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.