Only scene recall filter "Inputs – Patch" set, doesn't work

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Only scene recall filter "Inputs – Patch" set, doesn't work

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SQuser SQuser 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

I came across this bug through another thread.
    If I only want to change the patch of an input with a scene and therefore in the recall filters only allow “Inputs – Patch” and block everything else, the patch will not be executed.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@squser

This is not a bug, as it works as designed – the preamp filter will also block patching/socket routing, as the preamp controls ‘belong’ to the socket, not the channel.
    Meaning you would not be able to keep the same preamp settings and switch sockets.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

Thank you, Keith!

But if I can allow a filter “Patch” separately and this does nothing, it shouldn’t be said to work as designed.
    If the filter can only work in conjunction with the preamp, allowing “Patch” alone should not be possible.
    Or the filter should be called “Patch + Preamp”

We had just discussed the topic in detail here in another bug thread (“Gain changes”).
    It was about the very simple and completely understandable request of wanting to switch channels between Local and SLink in the same show.
    This would actually be possible without any problems with special patch scenes.
    Currently, however, the preamplifier settings have to be adopted when patching.
    The user therefore has to write down all the settings of his preamps, such as gain and 48V, patch his inputs and then manually set all of his channels to the previously written values.
    What prevents a modern digital console from doing what the user has to laboriously do for them?
    From my point of view this would then correspond exactly to a separately functioning scene filter “Patch”.

But I’m afraid I’m overlooking something very serious here: although the user can do it by hand, it’s impossible for the console.
    Maybe you could shed light on my and our darkness.

Thanks you very much in advance!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.