New to Avantis and looking for answers/tips

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions New to Avantis and looking for answers/tips

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bryan
    Bryan
    Participant

I posted this over on the Facebook group. (but removed the stuff that was answered)

We recently took shipment of 2 Avantis and I have taken one out on a couple of shows as monitor a monitor console. I have some questions about things that hopefully you guys can answer. Some answers may be right in front of my face and would be solved with some more time, but I figured I’d poll the crowd since that is what this forums is for.

01. I can’t seem to figure out how to send a channel or bus PAFL to only my wedge or IEM solo bus. For example, making it physically impossible to accidentally send a click or talkback to the cue wedge. Similar to the A/B solo function on Midas Pro or S6L.

02. PAFL follows Mix. Using the soft keys as shortcuts for selecting Mix, I would also like it to select PAFL. Mix follow PAFL is all I can seem to manage.

03. Cue to a matrix. What has been the best solution getting your PAFL to a matrix with all of the talkbacks?

That’s it for now. I’m sure I will have more as my show count increases. Thanks so much for any insight.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

01. Channels can be assigned to either the IEM or Wedge outputs in the same way you assign them to Mixes (e.g. press Mix on Wedge strip once, hold down Assign and press mix on channels to assign/unassign them, or alternatively, select the Wedge/IEM strip and open the Routing screen to assign/unassign channels). The IEM and Wedge outputs share the same PAFL bus, but the assignments will automatically mute one or the other and should give you the result you want.

02. A workaround is to use the PAFL Mix Sel Scene function for SoftKeys. Just leave the Scene option blank.

03. You can route PAFL to the Ext In of a Matrix channel.

Profile photo of Bryan
    Bryan
    Participant

If this forum had Reddit gold, I’d give you some. Thanks so much. I don’t think I would have ever run into those answers on my own. I’ll be sure and post them to the thread I left on Facebook.

Profile photo of Zach
    Zach
    Participant

Hello,

I have to get a recording off an Avantis console from a church and was wondering how to be able to get it off the console itself. Any ideas or solutions?

Thank!

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I have to get a recording off an Avantis console from a church and was wondering how to be able to get it off the console itself. Any ideas or solutions?

I think you’ll need to plug a USB device into the console and copy it over. That being said, I’ve never tried it myself to know for sure if that will work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.