My personal wishlist for the GLD :)

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions My personal wishlist for the GLD :)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pob pob 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pob
    pob
    Participant

As others have already pointed out:
    – macros/multiple functions for softkeys
    – possibility to invert the LED of softkeys
    – stereo pairing of inputs with different panning configurations
    – more gangs (24 ?)
    – iPad meterbridge

– Much finer adjustment for delays in the iPad app
    – Graphic EQs and parametric EQs in the FX rack to insert on inputs in case of very difficult feedback situations

Profile photo of pob
    pob
    Participant

and I forgot a few:
    – when I turn the gain knob I can hear some glitches, can the gain have a transition of a few milliseconds for these adjustment. This is not a problem for live sound, but if recording at the same time it matters a lot more.
    – the possibility to connect an AR168 to the console instead of the AR84 when more outputs are needed at the FoH position.
    – when powering on the desk after the stage racks, if not muted, all inputs with P48 will pop. Could there be an automatic mute of a few seconds while the microphones charge? Maybe have this when switching P48 on an input as well in regular use.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

More output’s at the foh : buy mmo card and avion AN-16/o, 16 output’s at the foh.

If you wan’t to use a graphic eq on input’s, use mix bus.

You can leave the panning out of the gang, then you can pan every channel how do you like it.

Richard

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

when powering on the desk after the stage racks, if not muted, all inputs with P48 will pop. Could there be an automatic mute of a few seconds while the microphones charge? Maybe have this when switching P48 on an input as well in regular use.

+1
    This is a real nuisance, as we have noted several times before.

OTOH I’m rather concerned with the problems QU seems to having with phantom muting, so we don’t want to end up in that situation!

Profile photo of pob
    pob
    Participant

Thanks for your replies.
    this post was following my feedback in the general discussion section.

After a few months with a GLD112

@Showtime

Considering the number of outputs at the FOH, I set up a couple of network switches with different VLANs to send back the data for the extension out of the AR2412 from the stage to the FOH.
    I’m using the slot for Dante recording.

For the Graphic EQ it’s possible to use a mix bus of course. But it could end up in having a lot of work reconfiguring everything if the need for the additional EQ wasn’t spotted right from the start. Inserting a GEQ or PEQ is just so much easier since you don’t have to mess around with matrices at the last minute. I work mostly with theater productions. Most of the time I don’t know the show and the touring sound technician doesn’t know the board… Quick fixes are much more preferable than rebuilding a complete mix. 🙂

You’re right about the gangs, but I regularly need more of them, many more!

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.