more Matrix mixes

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions more Matrix mixes

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Highflyer1953 Highflyer1953 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of topgunn66
    topgunn66
    Participant

using the console for the first time this week and needed more matrix mixes. only 3 is too few

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

While I don’t disagree that 3 matrixes are pretty limiting, the blunt truth is that you should have used/bought a different console if this is going to be a long term problem for you. Based on the number of requests to increase the matrixes on the SQ series through the years, it sure seems like A&H isn’t going to be accommodating this change. There are some potential work arounds – like using additional hardware (perhaps a separate unit for speaker processing, etc), but this is a hard limitation that appears to be here to stay.

Profile photo of Highflyer1953
    Highflyer1953
    Participant

Buy AHM, I have installed AHM32 to give more matrices to Avantis, and AHM16 for SQ5 in different churches, you also get the advantage of pretty decent loudspeaker processing as well. Also if you route all your outputs through AHM you get complete Custom Control capability for each O/P. I love the AHM range.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.