MIDI Scene Change 2 SQ Consoles?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions MIDI Scene Change 2 SQ Consoles?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of allenscott allenscott 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Phillystax
    Phillystax
    Participant

Hello,

I’m new here to the forum but not to Allen & Heath gear. The production company I work for currently owns 3 SQ5s and 3 SQ7s. In our new studio at our offices we are utilizing two SQ consoles for FOH and STREAM positions. I would like to, using a StreamDeck, change the scene on both consoles depending on the needs of the production. I’ve been able to control one console via USB and TCP/IP but cannot seem to figure out how to control both at the same time. I’m wanting to send two MIDI program changes (one for the FOH console and one for the STREAM console) via TCP/IP if possible. Through the Dante network would be even better but I can run additional CAT5 cables if not.

Thanks!
    Phil

Profile photo of allenscott
    allenscott
    Participant

I think to control both consoles simultaneously via TCP/IP, you’ll need to establish a separate connection for each console. Ensure that each console has a unique IP address within the network. Then, you can use the StreamDeck’s software or programming capabilities to send MIDI program change messages over TCP/IP to the respective IP addresses of the consoles. This allows you to trigger scene changes on both consoles independently.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.