Matrix has a lower signal than the Main LR.

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Matrix has a lower signal than the Main LR.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Perry Dave Perry 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

Hello guys,

I noticed that the matrix (both stereo and mono) has a lower signal output than the main LR output (both stereo and mono). I tried turn off all EQ, compressors and it was still the same. If I want the same signal, I have to send to the matrix Main LR about +4dB more. I was afraid that there is also a loss frequency, but not. It only has a lower signal.

Have you met with this someone?

Thank you… 😉

Have a nice evening.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

check DCAs

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Compressor output gain?

Chris

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

I did not use DCAs and I had still them at zero. Compressors were disabled at every outputs (Main LR, Matrix).
    If you can, try it… 😉

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Could you post a copy of your show file?

Chris

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

Hi Chris,

yes, I can.

In this show there are three stereo matrix and main LR. Main LR is only a “sending” to matrix. When I got to speakers Main LR, signal and volume was higher than when I got to speakers LR Matrix. And meter of Main LR was higer than Matrix LR.

I hope that you understand me…

Thank you…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Thanks Andrew. That all looks fine, LR and matrix both have their master faders at unity and you have a unity send level from LR to matrix.

You do have some cuts in the matrix GEQ, could those be responsible for the level change? Try switching it off and see if the levels match up.

I wonder if it would be possible to add an autogain setting to the EQ like you get on some KT products…

Chris

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

When I get my GLD demo back I want to setup and test this with tones and noise and a program. I did notice on a couple of installs that with a matrix feeding the usb recorder I had to crank it up beyond unity to get a decent level especially on pastor’s sermon. I think I remember winding up with a compressor engaged with a level bump and tight threshold for several db of compression to protect recording. I just never took time to test the levels to see if the matrix circuits run lower.

Profile photo of JLD
    JLD
    Participant

Noticed this 6 month ago and then informed my distributor.
    This when LR was sent to two different steriomatrixes. They came out with 4 db difference.
    No compressor engaged.
    Confirmed twice that the LR was set to unity on both matrix sends.
    Took the show file to another GLD to confirm not to be hardware issue.

Has not heard anything since then.

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

to Chris: I tried to switch off every EQ (GEQ, PEQ) and compressors and levels were still same.

As soon as I have the opportunity, so I try to send to one stereo matrix.

Profile photo of Dave Perry
    Dave Perry
    Participant

I wondering if this has something to do with a dB offset when summing the L&R to a mono matrix. I don’t know that this is an option on the GLD but I have seen it before on metering when summing signals together.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.